Sponsors:

Recent

Welcome to The 2024 Forestry Forum!

Do you have trees to grow? Logs to saw? A forest to manage? Chainsaws to fix? A sawmill to purchase or maintain? Timber related business to run? Lumber to dry? Trees or plants to identify? A cabin to build? Are you hungry and like FOOD?

Or would you just like to pull up a stump and visit with a friend?
If any of these and a multitude of other topics apply, then The Forestry Forum is the place for you.

What Will you Find on the Forestry Forum?

Pages: [1] 2 ... 40
Would appreciate some help with finding the gremlins or whatever.
I have a 2005 WM LT40HDD34 with a factory installed blade lube system.
The problem I have is that when using the blade lube system with the switch in the pulse position sometimes it works the way it is designed too and sometimes it is continuous. Read More

1 Comment
If your tract is to be logged, are you supposed to mark the 'take' trees or the 'leave' trees? Is there a certain color or does it vary a lot?

Do you favor using flagging or paint and what is most common? If paint, how do you mark it and do you just use a brush or what? TIA!

3 Comments
After struggling with choosing the right lubricant for years, I finally upgraded my LT40 with a Lubemizer setup. Pine has always seemed to be the biggest offender and causes me the most issues with pitch build up. I have been able to deal with it using water and cotton picker spindle lube, but I would...

Read More

2 Comments
This is my first post here
Does anyone have any experience with the common mills sold at auctions, like the AGT or TMG brands.
I'm well aware that they aren't top of the line, just wondering if they're good enough for occasional use if gotten at a decent price.
Thanks for any info

8 Comments
First time owner/user. Brought home a 1989 LT40 yesterday. Everything worked when checking it out in the morning. Towed it home. Loader arms chained in up position. I pushed the forward and reverse feed lever and it engaged just for a second. After that no movement even for an inch or two. Feed motor...

Read More

7 Comments
Pages: [1] 2 ... 40

Thank You Sponsors!