The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Arborwear

Author Topic: Green tea for joint pain...  (Read 10894 times)

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
Re: Green tea for joint pain...
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 07:11:48 PM »
.....well back from the wicked Windows blue screen. Musta been the external CDROM that I turned on after booting.  ::)

Anyway, I'm with Tom on the subject of green tea. I have an opened box given to me 4 months ago by mother and I had maybe 3 steeps. Probably stuff she didn't like either. :D :D :D I like orange peko much better.

I can't even take coffee any more, my guts go in knots for 2 or 3 days.  ::) Man I still can't fathom people driving 15 miles just to get a Tim Horton coffee. They'd be closing every door from lack of business if there where more like minded folks likes myself. :D :D And that's not because I have anything against those people, but I just wouldn't go out of my way to buy their coffee. In fact I'm working in an area now that allows me to drive by the place, and that's what I do. ;) :D

Pre-commercial thinning pays off. :)

'If she wants to play lumberjack, she's going to have to learn to handle her end of the log.'
Dirty Harry

Offline Kevin

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 09:20:47 PM »
I like green tea although I've never had the water off of a scalded chicken.
If you don't have a chicken could you substitute with a robin?  ;D

Offline Tom

• In Memoriam
    • Share Post
    • Toms Saw
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 09:38:41 PM »
I 'spec that a Robin with enough feathers might flavor a cup, kevin.  But, in season, they are plentiful and two would insure a thoroughly putrid concoction.  :D
extinct

Online DanG

• Senior Member x2
  • DanG, The Official ForestryForum Cussword
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 01:30:32 PM »
We make a pitcher of sweet tea from green tea every now and then.  I kinda like the stuff.  Why, just the other day, I set down to enjoy a big ol' glass of it, and was thinkin', "I bet ol' Tom would like this."  I was even gonna try to remember to have some ready the next time he come's over. ::)  I'll have to make another plan.

Hey, Tom, you take cream and sugar, or do you drink yer chicken water straight?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Offline ohsoloco

• Senior Member x2
  • Can we stay outside and play in the sawdust?
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 09:02:20 AM »
A few years ago when I was still in college I was taking a night class, and a couple times I was getting sick to my stomach after I arrived in class.  I realized that I was drinking a cup of green tea on my drive to the university, and my sickness went away when I gave up the tea.  I'm afraid to try it anymore  :-\

Offline Bibbyman

• Senior Member x2
  • Pro-Sawyer Mary and Bibbyman
    • Share Post
    • Warden Sawmill
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2006, 06:15:19 PM »
Well,  it dont look like Ive got much confirmation from others about the pain reducing properties of green tea.  Some of you kind of spoof it off.  But a couple of weeks ago I noted I was experiencing more pain in my joints than I had in quite a while.  I even had a couple of muscle spasms.  I started taking ibuprofen again. 

Then I got to thinking  The weather had started getting cooler and Id cut way down on drinking green tea.  Some days I hadnt drunk any.  So I started drinking hot green tea instead of coffee and try to get a glass or two of cold green tea in also.  Since I ramped up my green tea input, I havent had to take a singe ibuprofen.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Offline thurlow

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2006, 06:27:26 PM »
Doctor who writes a (syndicated) column in the local paper advocates certo/surejell dissolved in grape juice for joint pain...........haven't tried it, but a lot of folks swear by it.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

Offline Mrs._Stump_Jumper

• Full Member x2
  • Newest addition PUMPKIN PIE
    • Share Post
    • Hernden's Sawing & Excavating
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2006, 06:43:24 PM »
Bibby

I drink the decaf green tea  it is a good cleanser/antioxidant and it helps with a lot of different things. Green Tea comes in differ flavors there is an orange pekoe and I can't remember the rest.

I have problems with arthritis in my lower back and  I also take an herbal joint formula that has glucosamine, msm and chondroitin it is called COX 2 Control Joint Formula.

Before I started taking this I could barely move in the morning do to the severe pain in my back.  I no longer have this pain and I don't use any over the counter drugs.
Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2006, 07:15:56 PM »
glucosamine, and chondroitin in combination probably has some benefit, although I read a study that said it was ineffective. Sometimes you have to find out who did the study and you may find a bias because of some pharmaceutical company did the reporting. I think you have to be care with some of those supplements, especially something with high concentrations of calcium like sea coral or the about compounds. It may act to neutralize your stomach acid, which can be just as harmful as having arthritis pain. I found that I can't take coral calcium or the above compounds as it throws by guts into turmoil.

Some research findings

'If she wants to play lumberjack, she's going to have to learn to handle her end of the log.'
Dirty Harry

Offline leweee

• Senior Member x2
  • Illegitimus non tatem carborundum
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2006, 01:05:18 PM »
After having cartilage damage in my right knee 4yrs. ago, I started taking glucosamine / chondroitin 950mg. tablets / twice/day. It takes 6 to 8 weeks before you start to notice a difference. Unhappy with the slow results, I guestioned a friend in his 80's(spry fellow) what his secret was. Shark Cartilage was his reply. So I started taking 750mg.twice/day with the other tablets (mentioned above). Within a week the nagying pain started to subside, in a month's time I had very little pain.

PS I also drink green tea but not on a regular basis.
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Offline Mrs._Stump_Jumper

• Full Member x2
  • Newest addition PUMPKIN PIE
    • Share Post
    • Hernden's Sawing & Excavating
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2006, 10:14:38 PM »
Swamp Donkey
high concentrations of calcium like sea coral or the about compounds

What I take does not have those ingred.  I have been taking these for over 2 years I only take 2 a Day for a total of msm 500mg /chondrotin 100mg/glucosimine 25 mg there are  a few other herbs in this as well and it is all natural but it is the combination that works well for me.  Along with the Green tea.
Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

Offline CLL

• Share Post
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2006, 06:32:55 PM »
Bib you need to remind your doctor that ibuprofin causes ulcers. Anything over 1500mg a day is
extreme haard on your stomach. Even that much taken over a period of time will cause ulcers.
Look on the bright side, if your ulcers hurt bad enough you forget about your joint pain. ;D ;D
Too much work-not enough pay.

Offline Pete50

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2007, 05:28:09 AM »
Hi Guys, Thought I would reply to this and let you all know the newest cure all remedy in my area. Goji juice and here is the link. goji juice

I mean this stuff is selling like crazy here. Cures everything from aches & pains to cancer.
I don't take it myself but know many that do, and they swear by it. One guy I know was so crippled up that he walked with a cane. Now he is going without one. Story after story I am hearing about this stuff.

Sound like a salesman right? Really I have no intention of even trying this stuff. Doctor said that green tea is just as good. If you google goji scam it gives a different side to this cure all.

But this stuff is a big deal in this tiny town. Anyone else trying it?

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2007, 06:34:33 AM »
There's another one here called Joni Juice.  ;D :D :D :D Honestly, people can sell anything.  ;)

Dirty Harry

Offline PB Logging

• Just ask and I suppose if you don't ask I'm bound to offer up my opinion anyway, just give me time.
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2007, 12:09:33 AM »
I enjoy green tea, if its good for me all the better.  In a discussion last night someone suggested to me that green tea and dairy products,  when used simultaneously, greatly contribute to kidney stone formation.  This person went on to site scientific data and made a credible argument.  I'm not passing this on as gospel just curious if anyone else has thoughts.  Sounds a bit far fetched to me but I've had kidney stones and sure would prefer to avoid anymore...

Make it a safe day!

Offline Bill

• Why Not ?
    • Share Post
    • Photos
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2007, 02:13:57 PM »
Lotsa non scientific stuff floating around I 'spect.

I too heard about green tea and milk ( diary ) products - only what I heard was that the milk cancelled out the good stuff in the green tea - so iffen you're drinking it for health take it straight ? ( hot or cold ).

???

And to add more fuel to the fire CBS is doing a special tonight about how vitamin supplements are bad. The one they picked to make an example of was St John's Wort. Now knowing someone that used SJW I've found out a little about it. Apparently in Germany they test these kinds of things and found that for some people it works ( nothing works for everyone all the time since we're all a little different ). So what I figure is that if you take your SJW in the USA they don't work - but if you take them in Germany they work - go figure  . . .    Sounds like there's a rat in the wood pile .

:-X

Offline plantman

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2017, 09:02:42 PM »
make sure it's not something more serious.

Online Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2017, 10:46:25 PM »
I drink a cup of hot TAZO green tea each morning, but I don't think that it has any medicinal affect.  I just like the taste.

I have no idea what's on the video 'cause I ain't watching an almost two hour anything.  ;D  Anyway why is the same video on 4 different topics??   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2017, 05:27:06 AM »
Maybe he is trying to compete with Kevin Trudeau on natural cures for about everything.  :D

Dirty Harry

Offline plantman

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2017, 12:33:13 PM »
I think that doctor is the real deal. He was hired by the government to head a taskforce looking into Lyme. The video is a little long but I believe what he's saying because I've heard first hand accounts of the success of his treatments which are also practiced by other doctors. This doctor appears to be one of the first and most experienced researchers.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
need help for a joint

Started by SeaBass on Timber Framing/Log construction

6 Replies
Last post September 08, 2008, 05:47:03 PM
by Jim_Rogers
xx
Which joint would be best

Started by TW on Timber Framing/Log construction

11 Replies
Last post August 15, 2007, 02:24:52 PM
by TW