The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Arborwear

Author Topic: Back pain  (Read 6058 times)

Online Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
Re: Back pain
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2017, 07:34:22 PM »
Proceed very carefully with that.  Our youngest Daughter has one because of several back surgeries/fusions.  Now it has to come out which is causing more problems that any good that it ever did.  Scar tissue has to be cut through which only leads to more scar tissue.  An acquaintance also had to have hers removed.  She said that it was the worse mistake that she had ever made.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline doctorb

• Administrator
  • Unofficial Team Physician
    • Share Post
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2017, 09:36:00 PM »
In general, spinal cord stimulators should be viewed as a last resort, pain control measure.  They are effective in some, and in others have not been effective at all.  As you can see by other postings, it's a bit of a crap shoot as to whether your quality of life will improve.  My advice is to try a lot of stuff first before resorting to a spinal cord stimulator.  At that point, most patients are grabbing at anything with the hope of improvement.

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Offline Ed_K

• Senior Member x2
  • Leave it better than you found it. Ed_K
    • Share Post
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2017, 09:40:20 AM »
 I know nothing about them other than my son mentioned something about them before he died from over dose. I just wondered what the doctor's said about them.
Ed K

Offline Grizzly

• I wanna go camping!
    • Share Post
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2017, 11:02:52 AM »
Ok. So good info to have should the need arise. At this point I am enjoying a certain measure of life quality simply by not being bullheaded and insisting on working. I spend considerable amount of time resting, then a little office work, fit the Forum into the day a few times, and if at all possible go for a walk around the yard. A bit difficult now with snow and ice but at least get some fresh air. My pain levels are manageable so long as I don't do something stupid. The worst part is leg weakness or numbness. It's just hard to predict what they'll do. Makes walking tough.

I still dream of making sawdust and need to make a decision about selling or keeping the mill. My children want me to keep it; they hope to help me get a roof over it and then get my work station comfortable so I can spend some time sawing while they do all the heavy work. So we'll see what the next days bring. Thanks to all for suggestions, thoughts, and mostly for caring.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
Cooks Cat Claw & Dual tooth setter
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Back pain

Started by sawguy21 on Health and Safety

21 Replies
Last post December 28, 2015, 12:24:43 AM
by Polly
xx
back pain

Started by thedeeredude on Health and Safety

21 Replies
Last post April 25, 2009, 09:17:53 AM
by mad dog