The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Arborwear

Author Topic: Cord bargain  (Read 266 times)

Offline WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Green's Sawmill Services
Cord bargain
« on: December 04, 2017, 05:28:54 PM »
   I tagged along with my wife this weekend to Charlotte and Gastonia NC. One of her normal stops is the Long Creek Mills thread factory. She sews and makes quilts and uses lots of thread.  These people make thread for many of the major sewing/fabric companies and they sell partial rolls and such are real bargains. I never thought about them having nylon cord and monofilament/fishing line.

I found this big ball of what looks like #18 nylon cord like used on construction projects to lay off lots and such and also for making catfish lines. It may be a little small for some of our catfish but should hold up to a 30-35 lb fish if tied to a good limber limb. Would be perfect for the leads on a trotline. I don't know how much is there but looks like several miles. I think a 100 yard roll typically sells for over $3 (I see a 77 yard roll on Amazon for about $5).

I figure I should have a lifetime supply and this roll cost me $6. I saw what looked like 8-10 lb rolls of about 4-6 lb test monofilament fishing line (used for invisible thread) for about 10.

Anyway, if any of you sew or have spouses (How is that for political correctness!!!) who sew and you find yourself near Gastonia NC look these guys up. http://longcreekmills.com/location.html

They even have things there for hairy legged hardtails.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
how many cord? help please

Started by cutter88 on Firewood and Wood Heating

5 Replies
Last post February 10, 2015, 12:56:22 PM
by brendonv
xx
E-Zee cord

Started by splitter on Alternative methods and solutions

14 Replies
Last post November 15, 2007, 02:51:54 PM
by splitter