iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Full service Service Stations. I miss them.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, September 28, 2014, 07:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

I remember some of the Gas Wars from when I was stationed in Abilene, Texas.

I got gas then for as little as $.10/gallon.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Corley5

There was/is a full service station in Petoskey but it's not as good as it used to be and it may not even be a full service anymore.  Half the pumps were full and the other half were self.  For a penny more a gallon you got your gas pumped, windows washed and if you asked for it oil checked etc.  Ted sold the station to a large local petroleum distributor and it went to a dime more for the service.  Most people quit doing business there.  I did.  I always got gas there when I was in Petoskey especially in the winter ;) 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sandhills

The station in town I mentioned also has self serve pumps which I ordinarily use but one day a few years ago I took my aunt to get her and my disabled uncle's mini van filled and windows washed so we pulled up to the full service side.  Well this should probably go to the stupid thing thread, but they were going on a trip and my aunt wanted the odometer set so they could keep track of mileage. It's a fairly new Honda mini van and I had no idea how to do it so I was fiddling around with gadgets and still have no idea how but managed to turn on the windshield wipers as the attendant was cleaning it, I felt really bad but man he sure can jump.

dablack

There was a gas war in Jacksonville TX back in 1992 or 93.  Two stations near each other just kept at it until gas was 75 cents a gallon.  Oh boy!  The cars were lined up with cans in the trunk!  It was great. 
Building my own house in East TX

Thank You Sponsors!