iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hydraulic pump on Timberjack forwarder

Started by Atlantic Trader, February 09, 2013, 06:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantic Trader

Has anyone ever replaced one and what is the cost for a new pump ?
It is on a early 80's TJ 230, iam looking at a machine that needs a pump, anything I should look out or with this, thanks

snowstorm

single stage gear pump?? dose it leak or the oil slipping by makeing it hot an slow?

Atlantic Trader

Snowstorm
Exactly what i was told was it is slipping by making it hot and slow.

snowstorm

Atlantic Trader

Snowstorm
Any idea what a new pump would cost....

snowstorm

5 or 600 maybe edpending on gpm and brand

Atlantic Trader

furltech

Not sure where in nova scotia you are but i replaced the pump on my timberjack not that long ago i think it was around four hundred at hawbolts in trenton .is yours on the front of the engine or on the side .because if it is on the front you have to make sure you get the pump with the proper rotation .if it was right on the motor i have one or two in the shop . if you were not to far away i am in pictou county

Ken

I just put one on my TJ 610 a few weeks ago.  I think it was less than $500 through timberparts in sussex.  It took us about 3 or 4 hrs to change.  Mine was cracked and leaking. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

bushmechanic

I think that was a Cessna pump an it was around 28 GPM.I would go with Timberparts because the guys are real good on forestry equipment.

Atlantic Trader

Hey
Thanks to all the advice  and help from the Maritimers, I am looking at possibly buying the machine and was concned about the cost of and locating a new pump, but the price doesnt seem so bad, thanks again

Stephen Alford

Hey Atlantic Trader when your looking at an experienced machine, check out the mechanical linkage.  Last year I thought the "ol Doll" was on her last legs for sure. Blade would hardly lift,engine weak. Makes you fell kinda disgusted. Anyway got pokin around and realized how there seemed to be slop.

The wear on the lever was nothing compared to the pins. When I rebuilt everything and put it back together I was a happy camper. The hydraulics were so fast they scared me and the inch I gained on the throttle brought a smile from ear to ear .  Just something to aware of.  :)
logon

Thank You Sponsors!