iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Baker Products on-line Store

Started by Jeff, April 22, 2004, 05:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I wanted to pass this along, because I just barely missed getting this in time for the sponsors news in the latest newsletter. SHOP TIL YA DROP! :)

Jeff,

I'm sure I've missed the news letter by now but FYI, we've just opened on online store on our website. Customers can purchase parts, blades and even a few pieces of standard equipment. Feel free to spread the word! I think customers will really enjoy the convenience!

Samantha

http://onlinestore.forestindustry.com/cgi-bin/bakers/cat.html
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

Great idea!  

But unless I'm missing something,  something's missing.  For example,  we're looking for some good 4" flex hose.  There is such an item in the store but it don't tell you anything about it – even how many feet, wire reinforced, no specs, no picture, etc.  Maybe the part numbers line up with what's in their parts manual and if you had that,  you'd know what the item was.  Or am I just not working it right?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Sam

Hey Bibbyman

We wanted to go ahead and get the store up and going for customers. If they know the part number, they can easily get online and order or reorder their parts.

We are planning to add more info to the products and more products over time. It's a lot of data input just to get it started.

Everyone is welcome to call or email us at parts@baker-online.com with any questions they may have or suggestions on additional parts they would like to see added to the store.

Bibbyman

Sam,

Thanks for the update.  Looks like it'll be a big benefit to your customers that have the parts numbers and know what they are.  For the time being,  I guess the rest of us may need a little more info – at least until you get everything up and running.

One issue came up when WM started marketing their blades on line was the security of the transaction.   I don't remember all the details but WM installed some kind of security software to handle the situation.  I didn't try ordering from your site so I didn't get any security warnings.  How have you secured your site for transactions?

Mary and I are planning to be at the In-Woods forestry show next weekend in Arkansas.  I'll be sure to get by and say Hay.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

GF

Just looked at there website, when you go into the checkout area it does have SSL https (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption for the transacations.

Sam

Yes, we have security measures in place! There is only one computer here at our facilities with the capabilities of decrypting the credit card information.

I won't be at the In The Woods Expo myself but Mike McNail, our CEO, will be there. I think we are taking one of our 30HTL mills, not quite our biggest but the next step down for now. Be sure to stop by and visit with him.

westpalm

Thank You Sponsors!