iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arkansawyer's big adventure

Started by ElectricAl, September 27, 2002, 08:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricAl

From out of the hills of Arkansas to the flats of Iowa.

Sept 21 The "Arkansawyer" stops by for a slice of Linda's homemade pizza and homemade cinnamon rolls.

While looking at our log pile Arkansawyer spots a Ash log with no bark and bumps all over it. The tree had a fungus or something wrong with it that caused it to have bumps with swirls. We had cut a slab off and found the log was dry rotted. So we took the log back outside.
Well. all of a sudden Arkansawyer decides he's got to have this prize winning "Iowa Veneer Log"

Here it is loaded ready for the 12 hour ride home.

ElectricAl
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Tom

Homemade pizza ?!    Homemade cinnamon rolls ?!

How far up there are you?   Where's my map? :P

Linda

Tom,

We are 5 hours north of Bibbyman's place.

If you really hurry they might still be warm.

Linda
Wood-Mizer 2012 LT50HDE25

Bibbyman

Linda,

He did have hold down straps over his prize log when he got to our place.  Guess he didn't want to press his luck with the Iowa and Missouri Highway P-trol.

Good thing it was dark when he rolled in here or he'd probably found Mary's firewood log pile and had a few more spaulted hickory logs and such to take home.  ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Linda

Bibbyman,

Arkansawyer almost left with it unstrapped, until Al informed him of Iowa's law (every 8' needs two straps).  I guess when you live in the hills of Arkansas, you can get away with nearly anything! :)

Linda
Wood-Mizer 2012 LT50HDE25

Thank You Sponsors!