iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What did you get for Christmas?

Started by Jim_Rogers, December 27, 2018, 03:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lil171

Saw related I got 2 quarts of Stihl MotoMix fuel, and a old Poulan P3314 (that I bought myself Thursday before CHristmas), and a couple shirts and socks. Also bought myself a Fitbit!

Magicman

I got a pair of "firewood" socks.  Matches my Deer 'jamas plus they cover my toes.   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

THANK GOODNESS for those socks given that photo all I can say!!!   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Andries

Good looking' socks Magicman.
I'm guessing there's more firewood on your socks than in your firewood shed?
Wherever -  you'll be toasty warm !
:D  :D 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

gspren

Battery powered chainsaw, Greenworks 16" 40V. This won't get used a lot but during hunting season it can stay in the FJ Cruiser all the time without getting gas fumes in the car. Will also ride on the ATV and UTV for trail clearing. 
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Dakota

gspren,

I'll be interested to hear how you like your saw.  I have the blower and rototiller and like them.  I've been wondering about the saw.  I do a lot of trail riding in the spring and often could use a saw to clear the trail.
Dave Rinker

gspren

Quote from: Dakota on December 30, 2018, 10:43:17 AM
gspren,

I'll be interested to hear how you like your saw.  I have the blower and rototiller and like them.  I've been wondering about the saw.  I do a lot of trail riding in the spring and often could use a saw to clear the trail.
A friend of mine has the same saw and I did try it for a 15 minute job where some 7-8" limbs fell and it did fine. He also has a hedge trimmer that uses same battery and he likes it also. He said the saw needs the 4ah battery that came with it but the hedge trimmer can get by on the smaller batteries. I know it's not one of the premium saws but hopefully it will be alright for my occasional intended use.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

DR_Buck

I got a t-shirt with this really awesome print on the front.

8) 8) 8) 8)

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Jeff

QuoteShe also got me a new book. I stuggle still to read for very long due to my vision, but with a pair of 3x readers and short stints Ive got a good ways into it. Its an outstanding book called The Final Frontiersman: Heimo Korth and His Family, Alone in Alaska's Arctic Wilderness.  If you have ever watched the series the Last Alaskans, Heimo and his wife Edna are featured on that show. Written well before the t.v. show came to be. I recommend the book as well as the tv show highly.
I finished my book today, and guess what? When I told Tammy I was presented with this!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

crowhill

Mine was a gift from 1963! Came about from an idea my 10 year old grandson had. He was staying at deer camp with my son and wanted to know the stories behind some of the antlers hanging about. One small 5 point set, tied together and used for rattling being the oldest was interesting to him. The story was requested by text. It was my first deer. I had gone out, fallen asleep, awoke to have this deer walking across the field in front of me. Pulled up the old nonsporterized .303 British Enfield with its big ole peep sight, which I had borrowed that morning, never had shot and pulled the trigger. Thus my first deer, after hanging for three days because the reporting station was closed, it weighed in at 165lbs. The antlers went to the camp I was building, the following 2 years I got spike horns, then I went into the service and Vietnam. The skull plate mysteriously broke while I was gone.
       Well my grandson thought it would be nice to have the little rack mounted on a plaque with a red n black wool covering on the scull plate. Nice, I love it!
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

Sixacresand

Quote from: SawyerTed on December 29, 2018, 05:35:12 PM
We've been power boaters for nearly 30 years.  All this time the Doc (my wife) has asked, "Can we go over there and see what's there?"  Invariably it as been a shallow cove or marsh.  So she decided a kayak was what she wanted to explore the shallow spots.

We have taken the canoe on the Dan River many times but more often tube the river.  It's only 8 or so miles to the put in.

We go to Belews Lake a dozen or more times a year but with the motorboat.  Kayaking will be new for us.
Be able to paddle faster than a water moccasin.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!