iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 372 throttle not closeing all the way

Started by steele109, May 01, 2018, 07:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steele109

Hi I just rebuilt a husqvarna 372 from a junker I bought on fleebay. Lots of aftermarket parts on this saw including a tank handle.I finished up with gas and oil, it cranked on the third pull but it was idling between 5-6000 rpm (do you know how hard it is to try to adjust the carb on a modified 372 at that speed geez.)Well I adjusted and could not ever get it low enough to idle right.Finally looked real close and the throttle wasn't even touching the idle screw. You could push it down and it would idle down but as soon as you hit the throttle it would go right back up to 5-6. I finally put a lite spring on it to the base of the air filter holder which worked to get it adjusted. But I  would like a permanent solution to the problem I've looked for a stronger spring to put on the return but so far no good.Any ideas anyone?

sawguy21

Try loosening and retightening the throttle plate screw, the plate may not be centered in the bore.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

NCFarmboy

Lots & Lots of Saws

steele109

Thank you did as you said and it works.Hopefully it will work tomorrow when I crank it.The stop is seating on the idle adjustment screw every time you pull the trigger. ;D now I need some more help( probably nerve pills lol)i'm rebuilding a 009 stihl. Thanks again steele109

steele109

I would like to thank the two of you again.Finished tuning today and it ran great.Thanks

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!