iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What safety equipment do you prefer?

Started by Tombstone, May 05, 2008, 06:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tombstone

New here just wondering what some of you may prefer for safety equipment. Items such as hard hats, full brim or not, plastic aluminum, Chaps ,boots, gloves and why etc.
1976 Clark 666B Cable Skidder,Huskie 372, Old Johnny Red Saw, Old Chevy Ton Truck,1972 Massey 20 Tractor, Cutting keeps me sane!

Tombstone

Sorry, didn't mean to put it in the wrong spot....................................
1976 Clark 666B Cable Skidder,Huskie 372, Old Johnny Red Saw, Old Chevy Ton Truck,1972 Massey 20 Tractor, Cutting keeps me sane!

Dave Shepard

Welcome to the Forum!

I wear a Stihl forestry helmet with the mesh screen. I have an old pair of Husky chaps. Would like to get new ones, but haven't seen ones that are as nice. :( I should wear steel toe, but I can't seem to find ones that will fit my sasquatch foot and be comfortable. I also usually am wearing a pair of Stihl saftey sunglasses outside. I have also been wearing Stihl work gloves, as they are big enough for my hands, except the thumbs. Has anyone else noticed that the Stihl work gloves have thumbs that are an inch too long? Or do you all just have long thumbs? :D :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Tombstone

Dave,

I think I have the same issue, the thimbs in my gloves always seem to have that "Elf Hat" at the end of 'em???? Thanks for the welcome.......I am just getting started and was just curiouse about what people are using out there, nothing worse than buying something and finding out it is crap afterward.

Dave Shepard

Are you chainsawing or sawmilling? Our sponsor, Baileys to the left, has a lot of safety gear.  :)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

I buy my safety gear from Labonville.I wear a plastic hard hat,no mesh,but have safety glasses,chaps and steel toe boots.Gloves are nothing special.Just leather ones.If I'm outside working I always wear the steel toes.Just habit.I would say this is the bare mininum that I would suggest wearing in the woods.Can't never be too safe.Tell someone where you are working.Like I tell my wife,be concerned when you don't hear the chainsaw for a while.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tombstone

I will be chainsawing, Firewood etc. I just ordered a Baileys catalog thank you!

rebocardo

I bought a Stihl safety helmet and basically it first started to fall apart when the headband got wet and colored my hair orange  :D  I still wonder if it was counterfeited.

I bought a Peltzor? hardhat system from Baileys and it is much better, the earmuffs actually hold the helmet on on. The only thing I did not like was the face screen was a tad small.

Tombstone

Thank You Sponsors!