Anyone using Timber Wolf Blades on their HM 126?

Started by RM Farm, October 29, 2014, 04:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RM Farm

Hey guys,

Got some woodmaster c blades with my HM126. Can't say that I am overly impressed. I know I am new to milling, but not new to power tools and outdoor equipment. Any way, I am considering getting some Timber Wolf bands to try, has anyone with the HM 126 giving them a try? Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks, Robert

Woodland Mills HM126; Kubota L3200 with FEL, quick attach forks.

thecfarm

I have run the timberwolfs on my mill. They even cut the log stop off.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jaygtree

the timberwolf i have on my mill cuts like butter. just starting to learn sawyering with my mill too and have only cut three 10 - 12'' logs. i saw a you tube video where a guy was not impressed with a new blade he had just put on his mill and you could see where he had the teeth pointing in the wrong direction so he needed to turn the band ''inside out''.  i haven't done that yet but i do know that i'm not impressed with the way my chainsaw cuts when i put the chain on backwards. just a thought.  jayg
i thought i was wrong once but i wasn't.   atv, log arch, chainsaw and ez boardwalk jr.

RM Farm

Hey guys, thanks for the input. thecfarm, sorry about that log stop. Good to know they cut like butter. I plan on getting a 10 pack and give them a run.

jaygtree, yes my chainsaw doesn't do well when I put the chain on backwards either. I've done that a few times, usually when I'm in a hurry.

My problem with the woodmaster bands are they haven't sharpened well and they break after about 8 hours of cutting. I've read some other complaints that are similar.
Thanks, Robert

Woodland Mills HM126; Kubota L3200 with FEL, quick attach forks.

Carl Hankins

I also own a hm126 I am on my 2 blade I have only cut 500 feet mostly pine and cedar, but I ruined the 1st blade by leaving 1 of my log rest to high I did have to adjust the tracking but is currently doing good.with blades purchased with the mill .mu buddy swears by the woodmaster
Carl Hankins some call me Hank

Jpitcox84

New to sawing. And advice on how to keep my hm122 tracker would be great. Ruined 5 brand new blades that never touched wood.

AlohaSlabs

It's been a while since this post. I'm guessing you figured it out or sold the mill. I got my lil HM 122 in today and busted 3 new blades. Lost teeth on all. I finally figured it out but need new blades. What's the best option??  Not worried about the best quality. I do cut hardwoods, and sometimes really dry stuff, so any suggestions would be considered. Thanks. 

Sodrawdy

I have the HM 126 and just put on a new timberwolf blade. I had the blade sling off after the first cut that broke a tooth. I put it back on and adjusted the tracking, but it came off again. checked the tension on the blade and tried again, with the same result. So I put the old blade on and it came off.. After much deliberation I went to get another new blade without wearing gloves and discovered my problem. They ship the new blades with oil on them.. I cleaned the blades and belts and wheels with denatured alcohol.. The mill ran like a dream and i really like the timberwolf blades so far... Rookie mistake