iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got a new MS 461 Summer/Winter settings?

Started by WoodBurner19, January 14, 2017, 09:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodBurner19

Hi Guys.  I just purchased a new MS 461 and the book says that 50 degrees is the line
between the Summer/Winter settings.  Any thoughts?
MS 270 C   MS 461,  Remodeling Contractor, Married, 2 kids, 2004 Dodge Deisel, 2013 4X4 KingQuad, Stihl saws, 35 ton 4way Splitter.

gman98

All the temp settings do is redirect the air flow to the carb to prevent ice up.  At least that's how the 362's are built.  It's pretty straightforward.  If you think the carb will ice up, use the winter setting.  I swap mine in November and leave it until spring, but we also have consistently cold temperatures.
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

sawmillman

I have an MS290 and I usually switch to winter setting when daytime temps drop to 50 degrees or so and leave it there til spring even though where I live winter temps often go over 50 in the daytime. I don't know that I ever had an icing problem using the summer setting in winter  or an overheating problem by running on the winter setting in the summer time.
Homemade bandmill, Stihl ms290, Stihl 440 Magnum, Stihl 101 pole saw, Poulan 3700

Thank You Sponsors!