iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodland HM 126

Started by Allen S, November 03, 2014, 08:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allen S

New here and have a woodland HM 126 and just getting started I am sure I will have a question or two at some point looking to have some fun and learn from you all thanks

Sawyer4fun

Welcome Allen S!

I hope you enjoy your HM 126, I have had one for about a year now and am really pleased with it!  No issues and plenty of great lumber :)

Woodland Mills HM126, grew up visiting my Grandfather's mill and always loved the smell of sawdust :)

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Allen.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jimmy Mc

Welcome Allen, you are going to have a great time with your mill.
Jimmy McIntosh, HF band mill

thecfarm

Allen S,welcome to the forum. What's the plan for all the lumber?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

Welcome to the Forum Allen you are gonna like that little saw I sure like mine Woodland has a new log clamp out I just got home and haven't had the chance to use mine yet but do like the looks of it. will try it today and let you know how its works
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Allen S.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Allen S

Thanks you all I am a woodworker make crafts and tables and such that new log clamp is some thing I will check into that's the only thing that's is I think lacks a little it come with one but I think it needs two. And I am sure I will have a little lumber to seal too.

RM Farm

Welcome Allen, I too have an HM126. I've had mine about a month or so, great saw. Lot's of good people and info on the forum.
Thanks, Robert

Woodland Mills HM126; Kubota L3200 with FEL, quick attach forks.

goose63

mine came with two screw clamps. but this new clamp I like 

smiley_thumbsup_grin will have to call in the morning and order another one
goose

Sawyer4fun

I like the new clamp, looks like a nice upgrade! 
Woodland Mills HM126, grew up visiting my Grandfather's mill and always loved the smell of sawdust :)

Allen S

I like the looks of that clamp a lot better then the screw clamp goose63. I have the screw clamp with the long one and one that I can make it shorter I rigged it all up in the middle I think I need clamp at both ends of the log.

ozarkgem

Quote from: Allen S on November 03, 2014, 08:53:42 PM
New here and have a woodland HM 126 and just getting started I am sure I will have a question or two at some point looking to have some fun and learn from you all thanks
Welcome Allen. What town are you near?  Several FF members around here.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

dboyt

Another FF sawyer in sw MO... welcome!  We need to have a sawyer's get-together some time so we can trash-talk each other's mills & pickup trucks.  I'm near Neosho.  Drop me a line if you're in the neighborhood.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Andy White

Allen S,
Welcome to the forum. You will really like your new mill. Keep a sharp band, well tensioned, and the guides set, and you will make some pretty boards for a long time. I too like the new cant clamp Neil has developed for this mill.  Goose 63,
When you get a chance, give us a report on the ease of use of the clamp. It looks like it will let you get to the 1" dog board without tilting the cant.     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

goose63

Andy it will let you get down to the 1 inch and hold it flat. just remember to put the log stops all the way down I have tryed to saw mine twice :o. I do like the clamp its easy to use   
goose

Allen S

I am Pierce City ozarkgem real close to dboyt so did not know there was any one that close.

ozarkgem

Quote from: Allen S on November 05, 2014, 10:02:22 PM
I am Pierce City ozarkgem real close to dboyt so did not know there was any one that close.
Not that far away. I will pm you with my phone.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

ozarkgem

Quote from: dboyt on November 05, 2014, 09:46:44 AM
Another FF sawyer in sw MO... welcome!  We need to have a sawyer's get-together some time so we can trash-talk each other's mills & pickup trucks.  I'm near Neosho.  Drop me a line if you're in the neighborhood.
Add a grill, some meat and a few beverages and sounds like a winner. Did you get your starter problem fixed on your truck?

dboyt

Quote from: ozarkgem on November 06, 2014, 06:04:07 AMAdd a grill, some meat and a few beverages and sounds like a winner. Did you get your starter problem fixed on your truck?

Maybe in the spring. It would be fun to see what you're doing with your mills.  Starter problem was the switch, so I wired it through a button starter. Problem solved.  Then fuel pump.... One of these days, I'm going to have all the parts replaced and have a brand new '87 Chevy!
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

HaroldSiefke

What's the part number? I own one of these saws and love the look of that clamp...
Harold

RM Farm

Hello All,

I emailed Neil at Woodland Mills, the reply was that they are in the field being tested. They hope to have them on the market by the end of the month for roughly $80 a piece plus shipping.
Thanks, Robert

goose63

And the testing is going good here 

I love mine
goose

RM Farm

Hey goose, how do you like having the mill on a trailer? Did you get it from Woodland or make it yourself? I'm looking forward to getting one of the new clamps, looks like it may be a bit easier to use. :)
Thanks, Robert

goose63

I made my trailer its nice leaving the mess behind yupper that clamp it nice don't know why Neal chose me to test it out but as soon as I can I am  getting another one
goose

Thank You Sponsors!