iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vancouver

Started by moosehunter, April 16, 2017, 06:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

We will be in Vancouver with some hours to kill late summer. What do the folks that have been there recommend?  We have 1.5 days before our Alaska cruise and the same after.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Grizzly

I trust you're talking about Vancouver, BC and not the one in Washington state........

Stanley Park is near the ship terminal and has some fairly spectacular cedars and such as well as a good aquarium if you like. On the right days their are lots of entertainers performing their particular art form. Some are very talented while others maybe not so but I always found it interesting. The harbour ferry is also very close by and takes you on a tour of the harbour area. Downtown is close by as well but my interest doesn't go there so I'm no help on that.

I'm missing lots of stuff but I'm sure others will chime in.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

sawguy21

If we still lived there I would meet you for coffee. Walk or bike the seawall, it is fascinating especially under the Lion's Gate bridge when the tide is running. Small boat operators know not to mess with it. Queen Elizabeth park, the VanDusen gardens and Science World are well worth a visit too. We took an afternoon tour boat excursion to the top of Indian Arm, I really enjoyed the view of the harbour from the water and the scenery is beautiful.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

moosehunter

dgdrls

As the posters prior to me suggested
Stanley park, Lions Gate Bridge, Gas town and China town, go up Grouse Mnt

https://www.tourismvancouver.com/activities/sightseeing/1-2-3-hour-vancouver/

It was our honeymoon city almost 30 years ago,

you'll really enjoy it

Best
D

sawguy21

Unfortunately Gastown has gone downhill since you were there. It used to be a funky place with interesting night life but I wouldn't hang around there now. One of our favorite places to kick back and relax is Spanish Banks, great beach and fabulous view of the harbor entrance and ships.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

moosehunter

Forgot to update about our trip.
Vancouver was ok, I an not a city boy. It was crazy expensive. Did manage to find a couple of out of the way pubs to have a reasonably priced meal.
Went to Stanley park,  toured the city on the bus, saw ritzy places and passed out drug addicts.
The cruise was awesome,  eat too much, saw a lot of wildlife both marine and land. Visited Sitca, Juno, Wrangle, Katchican,  Skagway. Missed out on the Glacier due to very high seas. If you Google "MS Regatta" you can see the ship we were on. When we retire we will do a two or three month road trip to see some of the interior.
mh

snowstorm

we went on sorta the same boat ride in june. we did go to the glacier. from skagway we took the train up over the mountain then a long bus ride to whitehorse then a longer ride to dawson city. from there we flew to fairbanks. another bus to denali. rode around the park for a day in a school bus. then what may have been the best part the train to ancorage. after that a long flight to the east coast

Thank You Sponsors!