iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Strong Cheese!

Started by Norm, February 01, 2010, 05:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun

Did we forget something?        ;D
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

celliott

hahaha, thats nice, but I cant imagine what that little guy could do if he got ahold of some private stock cabot cheddar!
gotta stay brand loyal, you know ;)
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Mooseherder

The Cabot Seriously Sharp is my favorite cheese in the whole store. :)

celliott

I like to get the private stock, and let it age a few more years in the back of the fridge.  When that cheese gets brought out, its so sharp you have to be careful you dont cut your tongue! :D
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
265rx clearing saw

jim king

I would be happy with a box of Velveta.

LeeB

surely there are cheeses available in Peru? I remeber getting cheese in Ecuador when I was a kid, although all I can really remeber was a white cheese that was semi soft like Mexican cheese. That and goat cheese.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

SwampDonkey

About the best cheddar here is Sussex brand cheese, well used to be a least before it got bought out. And it's not ever on sale neither. Their old sharp cheese was actually aged like it should be. The stuff they sell now, which is on sale at one store or another under the brands of Black Diamond, Kraft, no name, and Great Value brands is nothing but what we call mild or maybe medium. It sure ain't no old sharp cheddar by a long ways. And a lot of it is just plain no good, yuck!
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

celliott

swampdonkey, you should go online and order some cabot cheese, I dont think they ship out your way. Guaranteed you will not be dissapointed.  My reccomendation is the private stock, or vintage choice  ;D
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
265rx clearing saw

SwampDonkey

I can buy that in Maine, but that's no good either.  :-X

Just kidding, I've ate it before, but not in a long time so I can't really remember how it went. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

jim king

LeeB:

In Lima they have grocery stores almost like the States.  But grocery stores are just getting ahold here.  We are still mostly open markets and local foods.  When I go to Lima I fill up with all I can carry that is not here yet.

LeeB

Jim,
      I lived in Quito 35 years ago and there was no such thing as a super market then either but I really loved shopping in the open markets and the little tiendas. Some of my fondest eating memories are from roadside stalls and little stores. I can see where you would get hungry for the taste of home every now and then though. I know when I'm at work I crave a good cheese burger or a chili dog or some other normal to us food. Cheese is not a problem where I'm working now. Just about any kind of cheese you could want and a few you don't.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Payton34

I love a happy ending ;D ;D

LOGDOG

I know that mouse! I think me and him went a few rounds.  :)

LOGDOG

Thank You Sponsors!