iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

On the road again.......

Started by Furby, June 26, 2006, 09:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

My boss sent me to TN again, was down here a couple weeks ago but didn't set anything up.
This time I made some phone calls. ;D

First stop was a great lunch with Cedarman and a lot of chin wagging from both of us.
After that we had to load up some REALLY NICE T&G cedar for a northern member. ;)
Then I hit the road again and I'm meeting up with a couple TN boys for breakfast in the morning before picking up my loads and heading back North.
Gotta love it! ;D

sprucebunny

Sounds like fun.

I hope the driving is drier down there  move_it  It was pouring here today

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

red

Hummm  did you just say this yesterday ?

Well folks, ya know what they say.............
No pics, it didn't happen!

I get the feeling we have all been lead astray on one great big hoax.
I'm guessing Jeff and Tammy are holed up at some nice Detroit motel feeding us all this.
We all know that both Harold AND Fred can post pics, yet we all sit here buying this:

Quote from: Jeff B on Yesterday at 10:21:44 AM
We just could not get photos to harolds computer. We have no phone modem in the laptop, ony the wireless card.

Yeah, like Jeff has the only camera in CR.
Sorry folks, Me thinks we've been had! 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

CHARLIE

Now that's what I call a good use of your time!  Nothing like meeting Forum members! 8) It's fun!  I sure hope you had some  g r i t s  with your breakfast when you were in Tenneesee.  If you didn't......you couldn't call it breakfast 'cause you can't have a real breakfast without  G R I T S!  
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Furby

Actually Red, Jeff is supposed to say what you just did, seeing how's it didn't happen.........
The cedar won't need to go on to it's end user as I don't have it since it didn't happen.
Pretty slick eh? ;D

Charlie, that is my big fear! We'll see what these boys try to put over on me in the morning!

pigman

Furby, you got me cornfused again. smiley_headscratch  Lets see, you went to Tennessee and met up with Cedarman.  The last time I looked  Cedarman was in Indiana not Tennessee.  Don't worry abot my confusion, that is a constant state for me. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Furby

Bob, did ya see me waving as I flew past ???

UNCLEBUCK

The Furbmeister is havin fun and makin cashola   smiley_kid
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

woodbeard

Well, both me and Gene ( TNLogger ) forgot our cameras this morning, so not only were we unable to verify the existence of the alleged cedar, but we also failed to document Furby not eating grits.
For that matter, we also have no photos of the complete absence of Jeff and Tammy in the next booth.
I do have about a half gallon of Waffle House coffee in my gut, so I will be signing off now.  ;D

Great to meet ya, Furby. Hope you have a safe trip back!

tnlogger

Wal now it's true I thunk we met furby but you'll know how it go's
but I do know it were a yankee and he did have his hat on backword like. and yup there were some T&G cedar in the back and under the seat of the truck. But then ya have to thunk ??? is that there a yankee think putting yer cedar under ya seat
  Furb glad to meet yer and like goerge said a real good time. Sorry the Waffle House not having gravy or yer could of had a treat.
When we left the Furbmeister after too short a visit I followed Goerge up in the hollow and took a look at his hide a way DanG wish I remembered the camara
he makes a beu-----tiful rustic table chair and he showed me the cabinets he built in the house using spalted maple and walnut trim on the doors.
Next time furby I'll pick yer up when you get in and we'll take a ride up the hallow so you can see some real country  :D
gene

Furby

Yup, was a great morning with friends! 8)
Didn't miss the gravy and biskets though! ;D
Real nice meeting you boys, you were both pretty well behaved for Southern fellows. ;)

Word has it there will be a load coming out of there the end of August and two loads in September.
Don't know if I'll still be with them then, but if I am, I may just take you up on that offer tnlogger!

woodbeard

Furby had a hard time getting out of eating grits, since they are an intetgral part of every menu item.
He asked if he could get the ham and grits without the grits, but the waitress would not permit it.
I took pity on him and said I'd take his grits, I love grits, I'm having the grits, grits, grits, grits, and eggs and grits, when suddenly a chorus of vikings descended from the heavens, chanting: GRITS GRITS GRITS GRITS.. GRITS GRITS GRITS GRITS.. GRITS GRITS marvellous GRITS....
And not one of them had a camera.

Patty

Speaking of on the road again..... ::) , Norm and I had a nice visit from Dan (Paschale) yesterday.   8)   He stopped in on his way through Iowa and got the 5 cent tour. Sure is nice to meet our good friends from the FF.    And thanks for stopping in, Dan, we enjoyed the visit.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Paschale

It sure was great seeing you guys too!  When I saw I was so close, I figured I just had to make the trip out there.  I saw where they operate their business--very slick office, with the most important part being the shop out back.   ;)  I saw Norm's new PM table saw and Grizzly jointer, nice stuff.   8)

Norm gave me the nickel tour of the farm and his WM. I think I like the idea of an electric switch on a mill just as much as Norm does.   ;D  And I was able to see the remains of the silo.  I can attest personally that the farm is better without it!  The view there is pretty spectacular, and silo was blocking it all.

Norm and I talked about milling, and of course, FOOD!   :D  Surprise, surprise.  He's got a fantastic restaurant type stove/range/oven/cooktop in his home kitchen.  He could feed an army with that thing, and I'm sure he has!

I joked with Norm and Patty that I just came for the food, since they very graciously parted with some of Norm's freshly made cherry jelly, as well as some of  Charlie's salsa, and that was a nice surprise. 

It was great seeing you guys, and thanks for your hospitality!

Dan
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Furby

Well I've been back to TN three times in the last two weeks. ::)
Made some time on my last trip to take up tnlogger on his offer of a tour of the country and a ride out to see woodbeard's place. Also got to met tnlogger's wife who came along to keep him out of trouble. Sorry to say not even his wife could keep him outta trouble! :D :D :D

Woodbeard's place is way out, in quiet land....... the kind of place I like!!! ;D
His barn/workshop looks like the way I'd like to have my basement, all rough sawn boards for walls and ceiling. Very cool! 8)
We even got to see a couple of his guitar projects and all I can say is awesome! Never would I have thought to make some the way he has! :o 8)

Thanks again fellows for the fun, I look forward to doing it again sometime!

tnlogger

Wal I gota tell ya sure a a good time  ;D even miss pat although she did say furby dont hardly
eat enough and needs to get more rest.  shhe said there an't know way he's gona catch
a bride with no meat on his bones.
now I have to tell ya we took him up the hollow and over the ridge causing I done got lost
but I had an excuse we's were running the chops so much I done plum forgot where I was ::)
I did take the picture taker this time.
now gorge offered the furster some companionship but I dont think she took too well to him

Then we just had too look at the axe that gorge made talk about some workmanship.

wal now seeing pat could't talk fury into a free meal we went home and I cooked up some ham GritS and aggs. but I done cooked to many GritS and thought they'd go too waste
but nope down this way other thing eats GritS too

Oh yea Furb pat said you were a complete gentleman and next time to make sure you have time to stay the night ang she'll cook you a real southern meal.
gene

Thank You Sponsors!