iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Un happy camper!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Woodhauler, March 07, 2013, 12:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

My new truck sets in the driveway and won't start!!!!!   Turn key on and the fuse blowes for the vstarter!!! Can't see any bad wires,and the dealer is no help!  I am trying to get them to send a mechanic up to look at it and they are not wanting to do it!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Fla._Deadheader

Do you have the owners manual ?? If so, look in the back for your area zone office and call them. They can rain all sorts of he** on Dealers.

I had to do that once. 2 years later, that dealership closed it's doors.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Woodhauler

Well shes running now! Wiggled some wires and put the 10th fuse in it and it started! Going to run it till monday then letbthem check it out!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

CTL logger

Sounds like a bad wire from let to selenoid on starter or loose connection on it. At least you got it going.

beenthere

When I have a fuse blowing, I plug in a 12v bulb (socket with wires that can stick into the fuse blade slots) such that when there is a short, the bulb is lit.
Makes tracking down wires shorted out much much easier and a lot less expensive. Just have to keep an eye on the light bulb as moving wires about.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Woodhauler

Quote from: CTL logger on March 07, 2013, 01:32:57 PM
Sounds like a bad wire from let to selenoid on starter or loose connection on it. At least you got it going.
Got it narrowed down, going to freightliner of maine friday afternoon! The dealer i bought it off won't see any of my warrenty work!

CTL logger

Quote from: beenthere on March 07, 2013, 01:50:49 PM
When I have a fuse blowing, I plug in a 12v bulb (socket with wires that can stick into the fuse blade slots) such that when there is a short, the bulb is lit.
Makes tracking down wires shorted out much much easier and a lot less expensive. Just have to keep an eye on the light bulb as moving wires about.
That's a great idea. I almost lost my 07 Star after starter stuck on when I was loading, smelled plastic burning climbed down loader and heard the starter pulled ahead out of mud hole and shut it down almost lost the truck only had 30000 miles on it. Turned out it was this solenoid on fire wall up by the radiator overflow tank.

DigDug

Thats sad such a new truck and no help from original dealer.   Good luck with it. 

Woodhauler

Quote from: DigDug on March 07, 2013, 03:37:57 PM
Thats sad such a new truck and no help from original dealer.   Good luck with it.
Well i wouldn't say no help. Just closer to go to bangor!

Autocar

I wiggled some wires under the dash of a 360 Timberjack one morning and I had a instint fire if I hadn't killed the battery switch Iam not sure what would of happened.  ::). I think if it was my new truck I would unhook the battery cable while it was home not being used. But then again Iam a worry wart.
Bill

JDeere

Got it narrowed down, going to freightliner of maine friday afternoon! The dealer i bought it off won't see any of my warrenty work!
[/quote]
My dealer let me down as well on my new Western Star. I called Freighliner of Maine in Bangor and they said, no problem bring it up. The Service Manager, Rod LaPierre, was one of the best I have ever dealt with. I made a point to stop in and see the owner to tell how happy I was with their service. You can bet my next truck will come from Bangor.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

Thank You Sponsors!