iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not getting Much Done Because of Stuff Like This

Started by Percy, October 26, 2019, 11:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

Packing supplies to the mil, something like this happened.....I replicated it and videoed it as I had never seen before....I must not get out much  :D :D :D
BUT, I was thinking...suppose the washer weight 40 lbs and the rod was about 2 inches in diameter....could possibly be useful to some engineer...??? Keeps an old sawyer entertained for longer than it should... :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyWFgzChaQs&list=UUQeHFHYoLYD8UAHOyL5Az6g
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Magicman

Who'da thought that the washer would screw itself down?  ::)  :P
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

There must be an application around the mill. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

florida

I made those with a trapped washer and wood block on each end 30 years ago as Christmas presents for my kids and some nephews. They all loved them.
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

WV Sawmiller

Percy,

You definitely need to get a life. :D Actually I am thinking about that 3' thread rod out at the barn and wondering if I have washer the right size. ;D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

You will be able to know when a FF member has visited a hardware store before you get there when you see all the threaded rod stuck into some odd corner with washers on it.   :D  Won't have time to put it back away when the wife tells you to get going.   ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Percy

Quote from: florida on October 26, 2019, 01:15:51 PM
I made those with a trapped washer and wood block on each end 30 years ago as Christmas presents for my kids and some nephews. They all loved them.
Thats a great idea florida. Unique Christmas gifts.....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

luap

Wait until it makes the return back up! Our plant had a very large duct work suspended from the ceiling by threaded rod and one day one of the fitters pointed out to me a washer rotating down and then back up the rod. Must have been harmonics of the vibration in the duct work and pitch of the thread.

luap

Quote from: luap on October 26, 2019, 09:25:54 PM
Wait until it makes the return back up! Our plant had a very large duct work suspended from the ceiling by threaded rod and one day one of the fitters pointed out to me a washer rotating down and then back up the rod. Must have been harmonics of the vibration in the duct work and pitch of the thread.
He only noticed it because he took his lunch brake nap on top of the duct.

Thank You Sponsors!