iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pasquali tractors

Started by 47sawdust, April 24, 2014, 06:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

Anybody got a Pasquali tractor? They are a 4wd articulating Italian orchard tractor.I've got a rough piece of property and thought it might be handy for getting in to places I can't go with my Kubota L3750.
Thanks,Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

North River Energy

If you have not already done so, do an internet search on parts availability/support.

woodmills1

I also think parts are the down fall of some good Itilian tractors paqualli and same
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

47sawdust

Thanks for the response.Yes,parts are an issue,I was told to buy two if I went this route.Their does seem to be a very reputable dealer in British Columbia who i've had contact with.He also has a very informative website.
Got an email from a forum member in Bradford,Vt to come check out his 'squali.I'll see if it suits my 6'3'' frame.
Best to all,
Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

jimnhrn

I have always liked the tractor some parts are very hard to come by. There was a dealer in Wilmot NH that I have not heard good things about.

shinnlinger

There is a tractor dealer in Wilmot?

I drive thru there all the time and recall a now defunct antique store and a soon to be defunct Italian restaurant.  Doesn't sound like I missed too much though...Bradford is just across the river from me as well but I have never seen a Pasquali even though I am evidently surrounded by them.  My neighbor does have a Lamborghini though which is remarkable only in it's ground speed PTO.
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

jimnhrn

33 NH Rte. 4A, Wilmot, NH 03287 .  I have no experience with him but on another forum there were many negative experiences posted.

47sawdust

Shinnlinger-
Kinda odd how we are surrounded by stuff we never see.

jimnhrn-
I made contact with the guy in Wilmot.Friendly,knowledgeable and says he has one that would suit my needs.THEN I did a little more research and the comments were not good,so I am very reluctant to go there.

Thanks for your replies.
Mick
Mick

shinnlinger

Well my curiosity was peaked so I did a little research.   I wouldn't deal with that guy either! Why would a company let him rep for them?  I don't drive 4a much which explains it, but I have seen a Pasquali down that way now that I think about it.

Too bad as they Could be an affordable base for a mini skidder or even a forwarder if you could get their power trailer as well. 
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

jimnhrn

Along RT 4 IN Wilmot I have seen the tractors for sale. They have everything I would want in a tractor, just parts/service issues have stopped me. I own a Kioti which has had its own problems and a walk behind BCS that is incredible.

Dave Shepard

OESCO in Conway, MA, sells, or used to sell, Carraro tractors. They look really handy. If they are still in business, I would think parts shouldn't be too hard to come by.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

North River Energy

Offthebeatenpath

I've used a Carraro tractor that Dave speaks of. Articulated with big tires, it certainly is maneuverable on steep slopes and in tight spaces.  They say it will run on a 1:1 slope (45 degrees or 100% grade) sideways without tipping.  I never dared try anything close to that.  A fellow I used to work with has one with chipper and log loader attachments.  I believe he bought his in Conway, MA at Oesco. Parts are wicked expensive though.  I busted the beveled glass window out of his (first day using it) back in 2001 and he still hasn't replaced it because it will cost so much...
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

Offthebeatenpath

I believe that particular tractor is living in Washington, VT these days.  Message me if you would like the guys info who owns it.  I bet he'd be happy to let you check it out.

Jed
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

Okrafarmer

There are several Italian companies that make those little artics. Pasquali is one of the more common ones in the US. Also Cararro, Ferrari (!) and Goldoni. In Germany, Holder made a similar tractor. Italy, parts of it, anyway, are extremely hilly and/or mountainous and they have many orchards and vineyards there. Over the years the Italian companies have come up with tractors to cope with the hills. Artics like the ones I mentioned, as well as low-slung straight framers like the Sames and Laborghinis have proved themselves well on the slopes. Some of the little 4X4 rigs now use automotive type steering, either in place of, or in conjunction with, the articulation feature. This gives better stability while steering on sidehills.

My experience with Italian tractors has been limited to a pair of Sames I operated on slope land in northeast PA. One was a Leopard 85, the other was a Minitaurus 60. Obviously the 85 was bigger than the 60. The 85 was nicer to operate, having a nice roomy platform, but the Minitaurus was the true scrambler of the two. Both were 4X4, but the Minitaurus had a much higher hp:weight ratio. There was one road with a big hill on it. I could never make it up the hill in high gear on the Leopard, but the Minitaurus trucked over the same hill in road gear with power to spare. The Minitaurus is very low-slung (but still with under frame clearance enough, I think, to use in the woods). It is extremely stable, a true super-tractor if there ever was one. I could only wish for a powershift transmission, which would make it even safer to operate on the hills, but those SAME's from the '70's and '80's didn't have powershift as an option, as far as I know. By the '70's SAME and Lamborghini tractors were both built by the same company, and were Chevy and Cadilac versions of each other. The Lambo's being the classy upscale version, the SAME's being the back yard version. Interestingly, Mr. Lamborghini got his start in tractors long before he ever built cars. When the cars took off, he eventually sold off the tractor line. I believe SAME and Lambo tractors are still built in the Deutz family, again we now have the Chevy-Cadilac-Pontiac-Buick phenomenon with the same chassis and sometimes engine and everything, offered as a SAME, a Lamborghini, Hurlimann, or Deutz. But these companies swap hands so fast these days I can't keep track of who owns them anymore. Last I knew these 4 were all tied into AGCO.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Dave Shepard

Isn't just about everything tied into AGCO? :D I've seen some interesting vineyard stuff from Italy. A friend of mine was visiting there and saw a tractor that rode on rails like a train around the hill to work the vines. That must have been steep.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Okrafarmer

Yep. They're really into that steep vineyard and orchard thing over there.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

JustinW_NZ

we have a Carraro or AC - very handy for hills and tight places.
the one we have is 70hp so pretty grunty too.

In NZ there is a dealer and yes - parts can seem to cost the earth! (we have replaced two windows)

a set of forks on the PTO end (the one we have has reversible seating, so normally driving it facing the PTO end) and there super for moving heavy things around.

I've seen a factory Holder (german made) which is setup for log work from the word go.
Twin winch setup and front blade all standard, very cool little machine!

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

Thank You Sponsors!