iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

can a Husqvarna 3120K concrete saw be converted to 3120XP

Started by mmartone, November 22, 2013, 09:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmartone

Can a Husqvarna 3120 concrete saw be converted to a chainsaw? Whats different and needed to do it if possible? Clutch assembly? Oil pump? tank? cap?
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

Al_Smith

Any thing is possible but by the time you round up the parts you'd most likely have more money in it than just landing a 3120 to begin with .

I've got a pair of Makita 73 cc concrete saws myself which are Dolmars .The concrete saw is worth more than the chainsaw .IE 7300 Dolmar .

sawguy21

Not very practical, just buy a chain saw and be done with it.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

motard

Don't know 'bout the Huskys, the old Sachs Dolmar demo saws would not be the easiest to convert.

For one on the SDs the case was never machined for the oiler.

I have put a few top ends off demo saws onto chainsaws with no problem.

Like Al said they could be worth more as cut-offs.

Also the handlebars are much taller, Governed carb/limited coil?

sharkey

Some of the cases dont have the hole in them for the oil tank.  As long as your case does then it shouldnt be too difficult.  You will need the oiler and the drive parts, a clutch and the sprocket assembly.  You can keep the cut off air filter or go with the wood set up.

mmartone

So is there a way to be sure that whatever holes or bolt holes needed exist in a concrete saw?
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

deerslayer

I see concrete to chainsaw conversion questions come up fairly often and as others recommended, you're better off just getting a chainsaw if you want a chainsaw.
Too many chainsaws, not enough wood.
Stihl, Husky, Craftsman, Mac, Homelite, Poulan. Some live here, some just passing through.

Oliver1655

I don't know about a Husqvarna, but I have the parts to change my Stihl 08-S to a TS-350.  It takes about 10 minutes. 

On the 08-S the oil tank & pump are part of the cover so it makes it simple. Simply remove & set it aside. You have to remove the sprocket assembly & add a pulley. (Left hand treads.) Bolt on the cutting wheel assembly. Change the air filter assembly, and you can replace fuel cap with a 90 degree elbow which allows you to add fuel without laying the saw on it's side.
John

Stihl S-08s (x2), Stihl S10 (x2), Jonsered CS2139T, Husqvarna 338XPT California, Poulan Microvibe XXV, Poulan WoodShark, Poulan Pro 42cc, McCulloch Mini-Mac 6 (x2), Van Ruder Hydraulic Tractor Chainsaw

ehp

its alot of work, first a concrete saw doesnot have a oil pump for putting bar oil out so the case needs machines for the pump to bolt into , there is more machining where the chainsaw bar bolts to the case as a concrete saw does not have this , it would be far easier to find a own chainsaw case and build the 3120 out of that

Thank You Sponsors!