iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tigercat 604

Started by ehp, August 02, 2016, 10:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehp

Stopped at Tigercat head office today sense its 30 minutes from where I live cause I wanted to look at a 604 , first they donot have any 604 in stock, they have only made 2 of the new Tier 4 models total and to the best that they know there is only 1 -604 for sale in North America . They have only made around 50 -604 total sense they started making that model, most goes to Chile

ehp

spent part of today up at Tigercat where they make the skidders , looked at the new 602 as they had one running and 2 more being built . Nice place and nice people to talk to

coxy

when do you bring it home

ehp

Donot think so , things I would have to change for here . Machine is pretty big , 27600 pounds and long and carries 18000 pounds just on the front axle , my 230A only weighs that for total machine

ehp

lots of 632's and 635's and 625's being made , they now only build once a machine has been ordered

Riwaka

EHP, did Tigercat sign you up on the 601 skidder design team or is that ' neither confirm or deny' situation?

Maine logger88

Quote from: ehp on November 03, 2017, 08:27:08 AM
Donot think so , things I would have to change for here . Machine is pretty big , 27600 pounds and long and carries 18000 pounds just on the front axle , my 230A only weighs that for total machine
Wow I thought they were supposed to be a small machine lol that's around the size of a 648g! Guess small is a relative term
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

OH logger

that is true but I think my 548 is between 23,00 and 25,000 lbs.  bigger bigger bigger...
john

Maine logger88

That could be I was just going off Ritchie specs they said 26600 for a 648g
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

BargeMonkey

I want to say a newer 640 cable was just over 30k. My 460 is 36k, 405 was almost 21, 440D is 17k. The stuff keeps getting bigger, a new 610E tigercat is working out back and with 30.5 rubber it's a good sized machine. The wood your cutting is awesome compared to what we have here, a guy here would have to work day and night 8 days a week to afford that payment unless he was glued to the mill. 😂

ehp

NAH, I just looked at it , they told me the 602 that got shipped to the paul bunyan show was 27,600 pounds shipping weight , that same skidder is back at Tigercat and that was with 23.1 by 26 on it , I said I would want 28's on it, to much weight on front tires for soft ground . Its faster than I thought it would be , not a race car but plenty fast enough . Have no idea on price but Im thinking in the 250 grand Canadian , can buy a new 648 L for $317 grand so it has to be cheaper than that .  Im pretty sure that 635 I looked at also had Barge's name all over it 

ehp

the new 610E is about the same size as the older 630 , machines just keep getting bigger

ehp

Now did I keep my big mouth shut , nope . asked questions on what I saw and why it was built that way

GRANITEstateMP

ehp,

What were your questions, and did they have good answers for them?
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

OH logger

27,600 lbs for a cable machine.  grapple is easily over 30,000 I would think. wow  :(
john

barbender

Quote from: ehp on November 03, 2017, 08:28:16 AM
lots of 632's and 635's and 625's being made , they now only build once a machine has been ordered

That's how Ponsse does it, too.
Too many irons in the fire

lopet

Quote from: ehp on November 04, 2017, 10:38:43 AM
NAH, I just looked at it , they told me the 602 that got shipped to the paul bunyan show was 27,600 pounds shipping weight , that same skidder is back at Tigercat and that was with 23.1 by 26 on it , I said I would want 28's on it, to much weight on front tires for soft ground . Its faster than I thought it would be , not a race car but plenty fast enough . Have no idea on price but Im thinking in the 250 grand Canadian , can buy a new 648 L for $317 grand so it has to be cheaper than that .  Im pretty sure that 635 I looked at also had Barge's name all over it

Just curious what a payment plan for a $ 250 or 300 000 skidder would look like ? For 7-8 or ten years and what a machine like that would be worth after 10 years or ten thousand hours on it ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

longtime lurker

Here - might be waay different there- youd do a 4 year lease with 60% residual. Figure 1k in repayment for every 50k financed you're looking at 3 grand a month in payment.

At the end of 4 years you go around again on the 60% owing with a 30% residual.  Payment stays about the same.

At the end of year 8 you either go around again or trade it on the next one.

So long as you can get the work for it all is well.  New machine that size should make a grand a week over running costs easily enough.

Thats why they come with lights.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

teakwood

Quote from: longtime lurker on November 05, 2017, 08:58:50 AM
Here - might be waay different there- youd do a 4 year lease with 60% residual. Figure 1k in repayment for every 50k financed you're looking at 3 grand a month in payment.

At the end of 4 years you go around again on the 60% owing with a 30% residual.  Payment stays about the same.

At the end of year 8 you either go around again or trade it on the next one.

So long as you can get the work for it all is well.  New machine that size should make a grand a week over running costs easily enough.

Thats why they come with lights.

:D :D a good one!
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

lopet

Quote from: longtime lurker on November 05, 2017, 08:58:50 AM
New machine that size should make a grand a week over running costs easily enough.

I just had a dream ! :)

At the end it all comes down to throw more wood on the market for a few cents less.  ;)

Just don't feel like working that hard anymore, there are other things in life.

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

ehp

I made a long post but donot see it here so not sure where it went

ehp

I would guess a lot closer to 12 grand a month payments for the first part, use to be 6 months but now I could see them wanting that for a year . Companies like Timberjack and John deere got burnt pretty good when leasing machines up north for 6 months , machines would come back with 1800 plus hours on them , tires were junk and machines were hurt pretty good

ehp

for me I would want the 604 parked beside the 602 to really see the size difference , 602 is not that small

Riwaka

ehp

ya I sat in that 602 on video, in the cab it just looks like the cab of the 604 . this guy seems to love the idea of the pivot in back half of the frame , me not so much , big thing is it make the wheel base longer so a larger turning radius and that's a huge thing in real tight select cut . hoses are also out in the open, that cannot be , well at least not on a machine I own

Thank You Sponsors!