iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Irish Goat

Started by SawyerBrown, July 13, 2015, 02:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerBrown

Now that I've "met" David Poston, reminders seem to pop up everywhere!  Even in Dingle, Ireland he has a little pub ...

There's no escape!!!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Ireland.....hum......so this is where my Fore Fathers Billies are from.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dave Shepard

There's something just not right about the goat in that sign....
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WmFritz

Quote from: Dave Shepard on July 13, 2015, 06:12:45 PM
There's something just not right about the goat in that sign....

I think your Dave... it's freaking me out a bit.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Delawhere Jack

Sawyer, it at all possible, make sure to visit Galway.  ;)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Do they serve Purple Drank there? :o
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sawguy21

Unlikely. Prolly no grits either.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SawyerBrown

Quote from: Delawhere Jack on July 13, 2015, 07:58:56 PM
Sawyer, it at all possible, make sure to visit Galway.  ;)

Yup, thanks, we were in nearby Kinvarra for several days.  Boat out to Inishmeer, then tour along the Cliffs of Moher on our way back in to mainland.  Next day we did the Cliffs from the top.  Absolutely spectacular ....

Dingle has unbelievable music scene -- not just bleating ...   ;D. May post something separately.
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

stumpy

Ahh this brings back memories.  We were in Ireland last September.  Dingle is very cool. Stayed in the (red) Murphys. You're right about the music.
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

SawyerBrown

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 13, 2015, 04:29:08 PM
Ireland.....hum......so this is where my Fore Fathers Billies are from.  :D

I think I may have met some distant cousins today. Nice digs, eh?

In all seriousness, this is at the Lawcus Farm Guesthouse near Kilkenny, Ireland.  It is the most unique and beautiful place I've ever seen.  Will start new thread when home on this very special B&B.

beenthere

That goat shed looks like as much fun to clean out as my old neighbors',  who hired me at 10yr old to fork out the sheep shed..  that had 4' of packed manure/hay from several years of feeding and no cleaning.
The ammonia was thick... ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!