Sponsors:

This forum

Started by QuintonAlame, January 31, 2011, 11:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Quote from: ladylake on February 01, 2011, 05:21:19 AM
Quote from: Raider Bill on January 31, 2011, 02:47:49 PM
Looks like PETA Greenpeace has claimed another. Sad to see. :'(

What does PETA stand for? I'd guess people eating tasty animals but I could be wrong.   Steve

Yep People Eating Tasty Animals.

Burlkrafts the President I think.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

alleyyooper

I am really impressed, two whole pages to make sure the fellow leaves and stays gone.

I guess sumiular thing to the bullys in PA. Beating up the 13 year old.

:D  Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Jeff

Not sure who you think the bully is with that post.  :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Al_Smith

Well I'm not bashfull .So here's the take .Somone comes on a forum all smart alecy and expects people to kiss his a--er foot then makes excuses that people are picking on him . That dog won't hunt .

The internet is full of them and they only have one agenda .Most of them could care less about chainsaws ,forestry or any other subject a certain forum might be on.

On second thought ,another thought .Often times a trollish type is someone that is knowledgable who is just up to orneryness .Believe me I know several .At any rate I certainly wouldn't loose much sleep over it . ;) On the net only believe about half what you see and 10 percent of what you read  on forums ---some times .If it sounds too good to be true most times it isn't .

weimedog

Yet again..speechless. Not certain how to read this guy is he for real or just trolling?..Remember his first post was:

Quote from: QuintonAlame on January 10, 2011, 01:39:17 PM
First let me thank this forum for letting me in. I been reading and getting info from this site for a few days then decided to join.  My issue is everyone is a expert when it comes to chainsaws. My buddy is a person who if you did it he did it better types.  His dads electric 14 in craftsman is just as good as a stihl farm boss. Im shure you catch my drift.  I own  STIHL 880 6ft bar, 660 42in bar, 460 30in bar,  270 16in bar, 170 14in bar,  I love stihl saws got the money to throw at them cause they make me money. Everyone that sees my saws ask the price and act like hell froze over.  They say I just buying a name.  I try to explain.  I just landed a job to clear a 100 acre timber.  They say ther dads Craftsman saw will do the job as well as any stihl like I said they say stihl is just a name Spend less and go to big box store.  Let me know what you think.  I want some opinions from people who really know not weekend cutters.

All I can think is some folks just want to complain.
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Jeff

I don't have that 10% view as that would be way pessimistic for me, at least with our membership, probably flip flop for me on the forestry forum, but I think its wise to view all types of information with a grain of salt. :)

I think the guy that started this may have been a troll of some sort as Al described, but I'm thinking more likely a kid.  All of his topics were questionable. The Green Peace thread, the aluminum chainsaw thread, and then the youtube thread.

Saw Dr.

I have been resisting the urge to reply to this thread.  I feel that replying to this kind of excrement just perpetuates the problem.  That said, I can only sit on the can so long before I have to turn on the fan.... 

Can the mods please delete or lock this crap?  Though the word chainsaw appears several times here, it adds nothing of value to the chainsaw section.  maybe it would be better off in the "general board" or gone altogether. 
I don't try to explain to others why I play with chainsaws.  For those who already know, no explanation is needed.  For those who do not, no explanation is POSSIBLE!

Super 250

Jeff

It started here, this is where it will stay. Its not like it's goona stick to your shoes. Truth is, the very few times stuff like this happens, odds are its in the chainsaw section.

I could lock it, I could make it disappear or I could leave it to show that we don't appreciate it when this sort of thread occurs. All of life's lessons ain't about smelling roses.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Al_Smith

Quote from: Jeff on February 01, 2011, 11:51:00 AM
I don't have that 10% view as that would be way pessimistic for me, at least with our membership, 
I was just being pessimistically  sarcastic .It's much higher than that on any forum . Truth be known probabley 90-95 percent of the peope who post   on most sites are straight up then you get that few percent who play games .

Now mind you games are okay for a bit of humor depending on the crowd .However some may not get the humor and get a little peeved about it .Some times it might be best to test the waters before you dive in head first . ;) :D

Jeff

Ya mean something like YOOPER NIGHT!  8)  ;)

SawTroll

Quote from: Jeff on February 01, 2011, 11:51:00 AM
I don't have that 10% view as that would be way pessimistic for me, at least with our membership, probably flip flop for me on the forestry forum, but I think its wise to view all types of information with a grain of salt. :)

I think the guy that started this may have been a troll of some sort as Al described, but I'm thinking more likely a kid.  All of his topics were questionable. The Green Peace thread, the aluminum chainsaw thread, and then the youtube thread.

I would have deleted this thread, if I was an admin - at least it doesn't belong in the chainsaw forum.
Information collector.

Al_Smith

We maybe if I could figure out what a Yooper is .Kind of reminds of the way those polka bands from up around Frankenmuth sounded when they played the German fests in northern Ohio .---well you'd just have to have been there ---- ;D

Skewing the subject a tad but there we were ,last of August, first Sept ,hot as the dickens .3000 people in a giant tent ,semi trucks full of beer and enough food to feed a small army .Sounds kind of corny but it was a  lot of fun .

Of course I was kind of like an onion in a petunia patch with my western boots and hat with half turkey on it as compaired to most in Bavarian dress but nobody seemed to mind .Least not the ladies from my recollection . ;) We just "yooped " it up so to speak .

alleyyooper

Well seemed to me the one post about the fellow growing a thicker skin then pointing out the fact they do have freedon of choice would have been enough. But then once the fellow is down every one starts crouding around andf kickin him in the head and ribs verbaly.
Ain't saying the OP was right just how I see ya'lls actions to be.

I also have freedon of choice I can type how I see the actions to be,  like bullies. Takes the whole group to do the pluminting rather than just one.

;D  Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Cut4fun

Quote from: Al_Smith on February 01, 2011, 05:03:23 PM
We maybe if I could figure out what a Yooper is

I had wondered this awhile back too. I was told it was referred to MI people that lived in the UP part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb9yhhflmvY

Jeff

alleyyooper , I'm afraid your view of things is pretty narrow and one sided. Clearly you have no idea what it takes to keep this forum fit to be on and how hard I try to keep it fit. I'm disappointed in your perception.  Sometimes you have to circle the wagons for protection and to fend off future hostility from just over running you.

When something like this occurs among a close knit group, its not a bully reaction, its like when the bully smacks your brother. The other brothers come together to make sure the bully or none of his friends ever does that again.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Cut4fun on February 02, 2011, 10:01:07 AM
Quote from: Al_Smith on February 01, 2011, 05:03:23 PM
We maybe if I could figure out what a Yooper is

I had wondered this awhile back too. I was told it was referred to MI people that lived in the UP part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb9yhhflmvY

It seems deer camp isn't much different in th U.P. than most any other place. :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!