iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodmizer prototype "wide band sawmill"

Started by hackberry jake, September 06, 2013, 06:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

ladylake

Looks good, 4 poster didn't think they could get much bigger without going to 4 post, vertical log stops, chain turner, 2 clamps, really like the power toe boards, FAST up- down.   Good going WM.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Bibbyman

I seen this video a few months back.  I said recently in another topic that Wood-Mizer is working their way into industrial sawmills. Here is the next step.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

dgdrls

Nice machine, wonder if it will make it to the States?

DGDrls

hackberry jake

I think wm just has the cantilevered head on their mid-range mills. Their smallest and their biggest mills have two or four post designs.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Bibbyman

I may be all wrong but because the mill has a post or more on two rails does not mean the head is not cantilevered.   I'm remembering that the LT15 head is mounted on the left side of the mill and is cantilevered on the right.   The frame over and post down on the right side is a way to reduce weight and costs.  I'm trying to say that the saw head on the LT15 is not mounted to the post on the right side. The LT10,  I don't know about.

I'll have to watch the wide band mill video again and see if I can figure out the design.

Yep, mounted on both sides.   The chain running up both posts kind of gives it away.
Sawing since '94

schakey

They can field test it on our property in West Virginia . smiley_devilish
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

dgdrls

Quote from: Bibbyman on September 06, 2013, 07:37:50 PM
I may be all wrong but because the mill has a post or more on two rails does not mean the head is not cantilevered.   I'm remembering that the LT15 head is mounted on the left side of the mill and is cantilevered on the right.   The frame over and post down on the right side is a way to reduce weight and costs.  I'm trying to say that the saw head on the LT15 is not mounted to the post on the right side. The LT10,  I don't know about.

I'll have to watch the wide band mill video again and see if I can figure out the design.

Yep, mounted on both sides.   The chain running up both posts kind of gives it away.

More like a floating 2 post, as I recall the 10  has the list assist cylinders on the left post with the brake handle and the right post
acts as a guide.  The cable system to lift the head runs into the top arch through some pulley's, the head runs up and down on the posts
and the motor slides on a plate to engage/disengage the drive belt.

The new mills looks similar in design from what I see the head rides up and down on the two posts with what looks like rear bracing

DGDrls

drobertson

All I have to say is slower than molasses,  Bibby, I know you can saw this fast! as most that have 40's , not to mention the 70's,   there was no drag back feature shown!  and the logs were perfect as usual, not a real life demo to say the least,  I Love my Lt-40, but give me a break,  lets some real production, if this was if fact the purpose of the video.  All the Orange folks can raise a hair if you feel so inclined, just saying, why show this if this is to be the next production maker.    David  Robertson
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I think they ran it slow just for demo purposes. I guarantee this WM machine could run CIRCLES around anything. I'd LOVE TO HAVE ONE like this!  8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

Yea, I reckon I'm with you on this Poston, just saying show what it can do!  We have seen this on a daily basis around here, I would like to see it in real time, that's all,  nuff said,  I will back down, and get some rest for the morning.    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

red oaks lumber

drobertson
rest assured it will saw circles around your best day. ;)
i'm alittle confused, why have the head saw towards the operator?
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Satamax

Well, i know lots of you are woodmizer fans. But this machine isn't anything new. Look at a pezzolato mini profi 1000 bicoupe, that's something serious. Cuts on the fore and aft movement. I tried to find you a video, seems that there's none on the net. I have a friend who has one. If ever i get the chance, i'll do a video of this one.
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

schmism

Quotei'm alittle confused, why have the head saw towards the operator?

so that the drag back pulls the boards off the "dead end" were your helper pulls them off instead of the operator.

It was my understanding that production mills have much higher sft/min (band speed) to facilitate faster travel of the head = more production.
039 Stihl 010AV  NH TC33D FEL, with toys

5quarter

Jake...Stop posting vids like this...you're gonna give Customsawyer ideas ;) :D". 
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

stefan

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 06, 2013, 09:30:29 PM
I think they ran it slow just for demo purposes. I guarantee this WM machine could run CIRCLES around anything. I'd LOVE TO HAVE ONE like this!  8)

No doubt that WM makes good sawmills, and this new prototype looks very nice, but that is a bold statement when you look at the competition.

here is the select 3620 with 4-inch wide blade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFSnPHpdMMs

And here is the 4221 6-inch wide blade with 115hp diesel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHq7FtiKbhM

And the logs are not very pretty either.

But still, that new WM looks really good.

Bibbyman

Sawing since '94

ladylake

Looks like those mills would cut just as fast as a good circle mill.  Anyone know what the kerf is and how long a blade will cut before dull.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

scully

Had to jump in quik but this is a head rig right ? Like the wm1000 etc . not a production rig by any streach . But man can it flitch some big stuff !
I bleed orange  .

dgdrls

G.M. Scully,  I don't believe its a headrig per se,  Looks like a full on production unit.

Probably could be used that way though.

DGDrls

Banjo picker

It looked good to me... I esp. liked the way it could move the log with the toe levelers.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: stefan on September 07, 2013, 02:53:54 AM
.................. but that is a bold statement when you look at the competition.

I'm just a BOLD kinda guy.   :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 07, 2013, 08:17:33 AM
Quote from: stefan on September 07, 2013, 02:53:54 AM
.................. but that is a bold statement when you look at the competition.

smiley_thumbsup
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

stefan

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 07, 2013, 08:17:33 AM

Haha!
Yes, it seems so.

Speaking of WM and produktion mills, whatever happend with the SCH4250 mill WM launched a few years ago?

The last thing i know of is this video were it is called "E4260" and if you ask me, its the badest narrowband sawmill i ever heard of.
But i havent seen it on their website for a long time??
So whats up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jj7VEkeCTM

Bibbyman

Falure to launch,  comes to mind.  It could have been a lot of things that killed that mill.  One thing was the price at the very time the sawmill industry was crashing.   I've heard said when a customer saw that the could buy two LT300s and get more production with less operating costs, they went that way.

I seen a mill operation with two LT300s in the same building.  They were set up at opposite corners of the building and fed onto a common green chain. Sawyer set in an air conditioned office on the second floor and overlooked his mill through a large window. Two mill, one edger and one green chain.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!