iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

john deere winch

Started by donny hochstetler, April 09, 2014, 07:18:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donny hochstetler

I have a 540 b having trouble with the winch We've replaced the brake side with new seals n new band new springs ect. the other side we replaced the seal n a new bearing we are still getting oil on the bands n we know it is coming over from the gear side it seeps over  through the drum we are running hy.trans oil should we be using a thicker oil such as 90 wt.ect.My mechanic has worked on a lotof these so he knows them inside n out but he cant figure how the oil is getting through any help or tips would b appreciated thanks

BargeMonkey

Re-check the seal and bearing cover housing on the wet side, ive seen it weep oil before. I just had problems with my 3325 winch, john deere decided to not tighten the bearing housing bolts and wiped 1 bearing and the seals. When you re-assemble that winch you kinda have to do it on its side, or you risk wiping the wires out of the seals. 

thenorthman

could it be possible that something else is leaking? Seems pretty far fetched that oil from the opposite side of the winch could make it over to get on the brake, more likely the piston? that actuates the brake or hoses leading to it.

As far as oil mine uses the same as the trans Tractor trans/hydraulic oil, or Deere type 303, or half a dozen other industry names for the same stuff...

well that didn't work

BargeMonkey

The seal on the end of the piston, where the hose threads in is known to weep oil. The brake cylinder is known to weep, have you check on those ?  Is the seal inside the clutch "what I call the puck" leaking and dripping out directly onto the band ?  Just throwing ideas out there.

donny hochstetler

the oil is def coming from the other side we dryed  cleaned everything up n its coming from the main shaft that goes through the spool it had done it b4 so we put in a new bearing and new seal,,     on the brake side everything is new, except clutch discs,   new hose,swivel,bands,springs,the seal behind the gland we had the brake drum off n had it beadblasted to rough it up does anyone know what oil is recommended we had reg hy,trans, in but might go with gearoil that is for the wet side the clutches are preasurized from the transmisson

Thank You Sponsors!