iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw Horse Class - Photos

Started by jander3, July 03, 2018, 05:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jander3

Last Sunday, Hassan and I cut a saw horse. Then, we assembled the parts and drawbored the joints.  This type of project is a great intro to basic timber framing.

samandothers

badger1

It WAS fun!

I had a great time and learned quite a bit. I think of myself as pretty handy and have taken several classes in dovetailing, full scribe log building and misc other construction methods. This was my first taste of hands on timber framing and I really enjoyed it!

I live in the Twin Cities and it's nice to have a place to learn that is a little closer to home than other offerings available. 

I would highly recommend anyone interested in learning more about Timber Framing to contact Jon for an available offering. I plan on participating again when available as my schedule allows.  I like Jon as an instructor. He is very passionate about the craft and that comes through in his teaching. He was eager to answer questions and whats more, VERY patient. (I didnt set any speed records cleaning up my tenons/mortises haha :D). 

I have been on the Forum for a while now and have learned a tremendous amount. Everyone here is very eager to help, often times going above and beyond and for that I am very grateful to all of you. Very helpful, friendly folks here in the group and Jon is a great example. Great to have a resource to exchange knowledge/techniques and learn together as we all share this common interest. 

Contact me via PM, willing to help with projects for more experience
1986 Woodmizer LT30, STIHL MS261C, 1997 Dodge 2500 CUMMINS

Lostinmn

Quote from: badger1 on July 05, 2018, 11:57:43 PM
It WAS fun!

I had a great time and learned quite a bit. I think of myself as pretty handy and have taken several classes in dovetailing, full scribe log building and misc other construction methods. This was my first taste of hands on timber framing and I really enjoyed it!

I live in the Twin Cities and it's nice to have a place to learn that is a little closer to home than other offerings available.

I would highly recommend anyone interested in learning more about Timber Framing to contact Jon for an available offering. I plan on participating again when available as my schedule allows.  I like Jon as an instructor. He is very passionate about the craft and that comes through in his teaching. He was eager to answer questions and whats more, VERY patient. (I didnt set any speed records cleaning up my tenons/mortises haha :D).

I have been on the Forum for a while now and have learned a tremendous amount. Everyone here is very eager to help, often times going above and beyond and for that I am very grateful to all of you. Very helpful, friendly folks here in the group and Jon is a great example. Great to have a resource to exchange knowledge/techniques and learn together as we all share this common interest.
Hey Badger1, 
I'm also in the Twin Cities area and came across this post, can you share the details on who does the class?  I've been looking for a timber framing class and found the one up in Grand Marais, North House Folk School, but would love to find something closer.  Assuming of course this coronavirus stuff ever gives us a break. 
-Shane

jander3

Sent you a PM.  No longer teach formal classes but I do teach individuals. Located in Ellsworth, WI.

Thank You Sponsors!