iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clark 667 transmission problem

Started by BAN, April 07, 2019, 05:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAN

The drive line that runs the winch stopped. You can turn it by hand so nothing is seized up. Everything else functions normally.  Still moves the machine fine. Any ideas on what's up?

Hans1

What winch is on it, the timber jack I was running had a neutral on the transfer case. Years ago it looked like it was connected to a lever which was removed. This was a Eaton/Hercules winch 

BAN

Quote from: Hans1 on April 07, 2019, 10:15:24 PM
What winch is on it, the timber jack I was running had a neutral on the transfer case. Years ago it looked like it was connected to a lever which was removed. This was a Eaton/Hercules winch
Clark winch. Fairly certain problem is in tranny though 

kiko

The shaft inside the transmission has snaped or the spline coupler is stripped. I believe the shaft can be removed with the tractor articulated all the way.  I will check on that. 

BAN

Quote from: kiko on April 09, 2019, 08:15:27 PM
The shaft inside the transmission has snaped or the spline coupler is stripped. I believe the shaft can be removed with the tractor articulated all the way.  I will check on that.
Thanks for info. Haven't started tearing it apart yet. Was hoping not to have to tear transmission out to fix.

Thank You Sponsors!