iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

amish cinnamon rolls,

Started by drobertson, February 23, 2015, 03:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

These snow days are going to add the pounds if I don't get busy sawing ;D  While the wife was reading a book, said "that sounds good"
I said what is it?  a few hours later we had these delicious homemade cinnamon rolls, quite the process on these, melted butter, warmed milk, eggs, sugar, then the flour, then more sugar and cinnamon, after the butter wash, simple icing and walah,

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

21incher

They look real good, and I bet the house smells even better.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

WDH

David,

It is not fair to posting something that looks that delicious  ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

coxy

see if I were to make them id be shur to share with every one and not be selfish  :D :D :D

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

drobertson

Quote from: Jeff on February 24, 2015, 09:19:33 AM
I think we need the recipe. :)
You bet, let me get into the book and find the page with it, will post a lil later, side note, the reheats this morning were pretty good,
Ok, found it,

1/3 cup natural sugar(may sub with white)
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick of butter
2 eggs beaten
1 pkg yeast (2-1/2 tsp)
1/2 cup warm water
3-1/2 cups all purpose flour, not flower :D unless you are a magic man ;D
melted butter for brushing on dough
cinnamon sugar( guess make the mix as desired to taste)
raisins optional as would be nuts of choice

Mix together the sugar, salt and melted butter in a large bowl.
In a small saucepan scald the milk(but do not let boil) and pour over the sugar and butter mixture and mix
Add the eggs
dissolve the yeast in warm water (the 1/2 cup)
add to the mix and stir
add flour little amounts at a time until the dough reaches a good consistency.
It should be firm and not "wet looking, refrigerate dough overnight,  (this we did not do)
The next morning, or right then in our case, is to roll out the dough, (thinking the cold dough is a little less sticky. my notes)
brush on the butter wash, and sprinkle generously the cinnamon sugar and any other add-ons desired
roll up the dough and make cuts 1-1/2" thick
place in a oven safe dish of choice that's coated with spray or oil.
let rise 1-2 hours
bake at 350° for 20 minutes, or until slightly brown, (ours went just over 25 min.)
cool for a few minutes and ice with your favorite topping, (we used milk, powdered sugar, homemade vanilla extract, just a quick splash
and poor over the top,
enjoy,  this one mentioned "Robin Hood Flour"  but our generic worked out O.K>

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Jeff

You know what my problem is with reheats?  Getting it past me into the microwave. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

clww

Quote from: Jeff on February 24, 2015, 09:19:33 AM
I think we need the recipe. :)
And you knew I was going to ask for the recipe, too!  digin_2
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

drobertson

go up a few posts,  I was in the modify mode, now guess what?  we are making Pretzels! the soft ones!  yea,,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on February 24, 2015, 10:02:02 AM
You know what my problem is with reheats?  Getting it past me into the microwave. :D

.....getting it past Harley to the microwave.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

drobertson

They would these!  I'm thinking making dinner rolls out of them next time!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: clww on February 24, 2015, 04:48:26 PM
Do goats eat pretzels?  ???

I'll eat anything except a MUSHROOM!

Mooseherder

Mushrooms make Goats hallucinate. taz-smiley taz-smiley smiley_dunce smiley_ghost smiley_heh_heh smiley_daisy

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on February 24, 2015, 06:30:12 PM
Mushrooms make Goats hallucinate. taz-smiley taz-smiley smiley_dunce smiley_ghost smiley_heh_heh smiley_daisy

Thats why I don't eat them. The only time I did, I saw a Moose in Publix.  ;D

drobertson

I've heard, so, that's the first sign ya know, but chocolate has very similar affects, ;D  but really folks need to check out any of the homemade pretzel precipices.   I'm going to try crackers and even gram crackers,  can't be that hard,  the Keebler elves did it!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: drobertson on February 24, 2015, 07:14:06 PM
  can't be that hard,  the Keebler elves did it!

But his tree was hollow.....yours are frozen.  ;D

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

drobertson

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 24, 2015, 07:43:41 PM
Quote from: drobertson on February 24, 2015, 07:14:06 PM
  can't be that hard,  the Keebler elves did it!

But his tree was hollow.....yours are frozen.  ;D
to see is to believe, and to taste is to enjoy,  but seeing is believing and tasting is too!  I would rather bake right now then saw in this frozen world ;D and most likely will ;D at least for a day or two,, I can stand for a few more pounds before the elves come after me!

pappy19

Your recipe says scald the milk, but you don't list milk in the ingredients. Please advise as my wife is asking me to make some. Thanks.

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

drobertson

Quote from: pappy19 on February 27, 2015, 11:38:05 AM
Your recipe says scald the milk, but you don't list milk in the ingredients. Please advise as my wife is asking me to make some. Thanks.

Pap
Pappy check that one again, its a 1/2 cup

sawguy21

Please don't put those in front of me, my weight loss program will go south in a hurry. :-\
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

drobertson

I messed up, sorry Pappy, I will find out how much milk, water is for the yeast, sorry bout that, just cant remember off hand, seems like a cup, I will get it,

Thank You Sponsors!