iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

where is my timberjack 230 central grease system?

Started by Tillman, February 18, 2015, 06:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tillman

Hello, I am looking at the owners manual trying to get acquainted with my TJ 230D. In the manual it shows the central grease bank and emphasizes the importance of using it twice a day. It hits the front and rear steering cylinders, the lower hinge pin, pillow block, front and rear walking beam.  It says that with the central grease bank you can grease while the machine is in motion. 
Problem is my machine doesn't have one, and I called Nash equipment in NH, the guy didn't know what I was talking about and has never seen one. I am wondering if I can buy one of these or make one and if anyone has a diagram of where these grease lines go. Or any other pertinent info. Any help is much appreciated.

ilog4u2

Mine is right next to the seat, in the cab. 2 of mine are inop, pins get replaced over the years and they probably didn't take the time to put the grease lines back on

Maine logger88

On mine it is right behind the battery box cover. I can take a pic tomorrow if it would be helpful. On mine it only does the steering cyl I have to crawl underneath to do the cradles. At some point I'm gonna hook them all up. The one for the front of the steering cyl would be almost impossible to grease without it.
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Tillman

Thanks, A picture would do wonders, I looked and could see a place where it might have been. How hard is it to run new lines, is it worth it, what do you guys do?

timberjackrob

Mine is on the right side of seat if you sitting on the machine I have a 208 it was the same on 240 we used to have
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

Dave Shepard

The 208 is on the right side of the operators seat.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Maine logger88

I am sory I never made it to the lot today I ended up helping dad put the rack and pinion back on his prentice I will take a pic tomorrow
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Thank You Sponsors!