iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another garden stirfry tonight

Started by tule peak timber, May 26, 2019, 01:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

so hard to know what is healthy.  I think a balance of activity and calories with adequate protein is the key.  Just the opposite of a bank account, your body will tell you (weight).  If you have a large balance, you need to make fewer deposits.  :D :D :DVegetarian/vegan vs keto/adkins I yie yie.  I think it is healthy to chew and enjoy your food, so you don't choke as well.   :) :) :) 8)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WV Sawmiller

Remember the old saying "Vegetarian - old Indian word for poor hunter/fisherman."

I like raw veggies like that with sour cream and french onion dip. Of course the benefits of the veggies is probably outweighed by the dip. I used to say even Spinach was edible if you put enough cheese on it.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

doc henderson

@tule peak timber looks like you are striking a good balance!!!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

payment by Dr. Losew for cutting the ERC seen in whacha cutting the other day was 2 dozen home grown eggs and the promise of an apple pie

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

doc henderson

farm fresh eggs taste so good, but i forgot they are harder to peal, when boiled.   :snowball:  (egg not a snowball)

Raider Bill

Quote from: doc henderson on June 03, 2019, 03:42:40 PM
farm fresh eggs taste so good, but i forgot they are harder to peal, when boiled.   :snowball:  (egg not a snowball)
Fresh eggs are about impossible to peel.
My neighbor has city chickens. He cooks the fresh eggs in a instant pot and the shells come off in 2-3 pieces.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

doc henderson

got daughter trained to boil the eggs, and they got easier to peel after 2 days in the fridge.  I like all the color variation.

rjwoelk

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on May 27, 2019, 09:55:22 PM
Doc,

Sorry about a baby rabbit. You know when you take on a mission like that it is unlikely to succeed but you can't help but try.

We had one about that size one time right after our old cat had a brand new litter of kittens and put him in with them and she raised him till he got big enough to get out of the box and the older kitten hurt him playing with him. It sure was a sight seeing natural enemies raising together like that.
We tried that also, lasted 24 hrs and the mother cat was fatter.  :D
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

tule peak timber

All I can say is that a new cat showed up on the property 3 days ago and is now getting the royal pussycat treatment,,,,don't ask :D

tule peak timber

Stir-fry again tonight with some twist.

Ianab

Peach Scorpions? That's going to have a bit of heat.  8)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

btulloh

A couple potato bugs would go good with that.
HM126

tule peak timber

doc henderson

i think it was grandpa Jones from Hee Haw, that recommended taking the pot of boiling water to the garden and just gently bending the stem over into the pot, then eaten it in the garden.  Looks great, not sure I have ever eaten Fava beans unless they were in something.

tule peak timber

What he was trying to do was catch the sugars before starch conversion. Our first year growing them and I've got to tell you that they are KILLER good tasting.We are doing all sorts of weird recipes and making up a few of our own. My crew for today.... Cheers !

doc henderson

very nice!  would love to see a pic (if not to personal) of the baby as well.  And do you mind telling how you are related to those fine folks? 8)  will have to try the fava sometime.  beautiful home and family.

tule peak timber

Wifeinstein on the left and her granddaughter . The baby is 5 foot 10 and has been with us for the last while. Straight A's in school and a good athlete.I'm putting her in the Marines in 4 years........ :D

doc henderson

so this is the baby you are eating healthy for?!  I was going to start eating fava beans if you had a "new baby"  last year!!!!  Might still try them if you bring some to the pig roast.  I have a wife-a-nator as well.

tule peak timber

Let me look into marinating some and UPSing ahead to Jeffs'. I'm red eyeing with a tooth brush and no bags. Another "baby" pic...

doc henderson

Very strong and beautiful... and the girl is cute too! :D :D :D  .  don't go to too much trouble, but fava sounded kinda bland like i imagined a soybean might taste.  We have an Amish bulk food store and i will see if they have them.  Your home appears happy and healthy and full of love,  you are a lucky man.
ps look forward to seeing you at Jeff's

tule peak timber

Thanks Doc, The dog/relationship thing is very important to this kid. This house is full of "smoochie" mutts. We have her in summer camp,travel to see distant relatives, work in the shop, etc. Trying hard for a somewhat "normal" life -which she has never had before. I'll try to make the bean thing work.  Cheers

doc henderson

tule peak timber

Cold salad from the garden for the crew today.

Thank You Sponsors!