iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I went for my license, They went for their gun

Started by etat, February 25, 2004, 01:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

Once I had a job in Camden, TN.  Well one day I made the mistake of leaving my keys in my car.  Oddest thing happened, somebody STOLE IT.  Thankfully it was gone only a couple of days before the law found it parked on the side of the road out of gas.  

A couple of months later I was to run a store in Humbolt for a few days.  The first morning I was to open the store I got there early and was taking a nap in the car.  I awoke, and there was policemen standing at each door, and one was knocking on my window.  My first thought was to reach for my billfold, changed my mind QUICK when I saw a gun pointed at me.  I did EVERYTHING they said as they jerked me out of the car and patted me down.  Only then did they tell me I was driving a STOLEN CAR.  Seems the Camden Police had left the car in the computer as stolen.  After explaining what happened, AND showing them my license I followed them to the police station, they made a few calls and got it all straightened out.  

Another time, and this was only about 10 years ago.  About two o'clock in the morning, and somebody knocking on my door.  Two KIDS a boy and a girl, and both of them look younger than 16.  Said their pickup wouldn't crank and could I help them.  When they started giving me the runaround about their situation I told them I was going to call the law.  Practically held them hostage until the deputy came, come to find out they were runaways.  Once we got a straight story he called their parents, and the owner of the truck.  You'd think that would be the end of the story, but.  The owner of the truck didn't want to call a wrecker, and he called me and asked me if he could come over and push the truck into my yard for a day or two.  No problem says I.

The next day was a Saturday, he came over and again the truck wouldn't crank.  The starter was just spinning, and he said he had already had been having trouble with the starter.  I traded with him to fix it.

Later that day when I was under the truck putting a starter on it two other deputies pulled into my yard and asked me where I got the truck.  I laughed and told em I found it on the side of the road.  They said, "Do you know that this truck has been reported stolen?"  Sure do says I" and laughed again.  Now these deputies I knew, and they knew me.  They then asked me what I was doing with a stolen truck.  I told em the truth, "I'm fixin it, can't you tell that"  I was still under the truck working, and mostly ignoring them.  They were so shook and bumfuzzled I then decided it would be a good time to come up to tell them the rest of the story.  I gave them the name of the owner of the truck, and told em to call the deputy that was at my house the night before. They didn't even call and check, they just told me they were sure proud I hadn't stole that truck?

The next day the owner came and got his truck.  I wasn't there.  To this day he hasn't ever paid me for fixing his truck.  Oh well, I had that much fun out of the deputies!!!!!!! ;D
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

shopteacher

CK the next time my truck or car breaks down how about you coming and stealing it. I need a goood mechanic.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

DanG

I've been leaving the keys in my truck for years, hoping somebody would steal it and fix it up. So far, no takers. :-/
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Texas Ranger

I drive a van, and if stopped (depending on time of day) turn inside lights on and stick both hands out the drivers window.  When officer approaches I respond to his directions, by telling him where my wallet is and when I go for it.  I then hand him my license, insurance papers, and handgun license.  I then tell him where it is, and he usually responds OK and we get on with business.

It works well, where the officer usually knows from the info over the radio that I am armed, and it defused the situation.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Sawyerfortyish

I had a Chevy pickup that would eat a starter a month. Gave up on fixing it since I live on a hill it was no big deal. When I went to town I just left it running in the parking lot and wouldn't you know it was always still right where I left it when I came out  >:(

Corley5

I had a similar experience once.  A buddy and I were waiting in my truck for a couple other friends at the store in town.  It was late, midnightish, and up pulls a State cop car.  Little did we know that just a few hours before a car had been stolen out of the same lot.  We hadn't been around town that day and hadn't heard.  They proceeded to pull us out of the truck, search it and us etc. etc. etc.  They were real jerks about it.  We tried to have a sense of humor about the whole thing but when they cuffed our hands behind our backs it wasn't funny anymore.  They ran our names and yes the truck did belong to me :o ::) but my buddy had an outstanding warrant for an unpaid speeding ticket.  They took him to jail.  Since I'd been drinking they told me I couldn't drive my truck and I would have to walk or call for a ride.  I gave them a 15 minute headstart. ;) and posted bail for Bob in the morning ::)  Never hung out in that parking lot after dark again ;D ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Swede

One night when I saw the police beside the street I just ceased the gas and tryed to look suspect. Two men jumped into  the street waving the red lamp. I stopped slowly, opened the window after they  been telling me 3 times but only 2 cm. One policeman pulled his nose into the 2 cm and snuffled. After his snuffling he asked for my driving license and I pulled it out against the 2 cm. He put a pipe on the breathalyser and asked me to open the window more and blow.
 -Oh no! I said. I´m tired, You are tired and it´s in the middle of the night.
-Yes you have to blow now, let it be done!
-I can go to the local office and make the test tomorrow!
Finally I had to open the window because he was up to breake it with his truncheon. I blowed in the pipe and he looked at the breathalyser. Shaked it and looked. Knocked at it and looked. Hit it hard three times at his knee and looked it again for a while.
-Örhhrhrummmmm, but.... but.......urmpfff,  but it looks like you are sober!?!.
- If you´d asked me I´d  tell you ;D ;D ;D
-GET LOST YOU &##%¤>:( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I get lost......... :D.

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Thank You Sponsors!