iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FF visitor

Started by pineywoods, May 19, 2017, 10:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

Last week, I had a very enjoyable visit with member Sawmillman. He lives about 30 miles from me, but we had never connected, a few im's and a couple of phone calls but the planets finally aligned. He brought lots of pics of his stuff and we spent half a day going over his stuff and mine. Folks, this guys has an lt40 with a 48 inch throat..NO, that ain't a typo, he can saw a 4 ft wide slab on an older mizer lt40..His mod looks easy enough, all it takes is UH GUTS enough to saw the head of the mill in half and splice in a 2 ft extension.. Uses a 17 ft long blade. Here I sit with a pile of 32 + inch pine logs..
somehow, I gotta find a way to get loose and go see in person...Maybe a video ?
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Chuck White

Sounds like a very interesting visit, Piney!   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ox

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Sawmill Man

Sorry, I had somehow missed this. Yes we had a very nice visit and I will try to get back soon. Now I have got to add the Pineywoods ceilingfan mod to my mill like his has,way more effecient than my airboat fan and doesnt blow sawdust in offbearers eyes .
"I could have sworn I went over that one with the metal detector".

Thank You Sponsors!