iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

South Dakota

Started by doc henderson, October 08, 2019, 10:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

pulled the trailer and took my wife to one of her 1/2 marathons.  met a friend of hers from HS and her husband.  did a little fishing and camping. wife got 11th in her age group even with the injured knee.  she was supposed to walk.  caught a few fish and cooked it and potatoes in foil in the camp fire.  not bad.  back home.  had been a while since i had caught a mess of trout.  also some small mouth bass, a crappie and a few others.

crazy horse in the back, crazy wife Georgia in the front!

wife was cursing me as she does not like to touch the fish, so i said smile, and she stopped the rant and smiled.

note the FF hat

God Bless America
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Southside

Nice mess of trout!!! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

Note the FF hat my hind leg! What I noted was the grimace on the face of the trout. :D :D :D

Looks like a great trip and some pretty fish. Congrats to the wife and I hope that her leg heals soon and completely.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

tule peak timber

Yahoo! Great pics. Nice mess of fish. Hope that chipmunk didn't end up in the pan as well 8) 8) 8)
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Don P

Looks like y'all had a good time. I wish I still had a picture of the first time I saw Crazy Horse, about 45 years ago, that is going to take awhile. We were there in the early 90's when they did the night blast to bring out his face, that was cool. I really enjoy the hills, we almost traded for some land out there. That 4th season is more than my jeans were built for. Little known facts, you can roll all the way from Rushmore to the Napa parking lot in Rapid :D. 

barbender

😂😂😂 That's my kind of trivia, DonP!😂

Doc, I'm jealous of the trip, the wheels fell off our trip out west this year😑 I'm glad you got to enjoy some time in the Hills, I love it out there👍 Btw, I think you married up😁
Too many irons in the fire

Chuck White

South Dakota has pretty-much everything to offer!

There's sightseeing, hunting, fishing, skiing, camping, prairies, mountains (sort of), caving, gambling, +More!

I enjoyed the 7 years I spent out there when I was in the Air Force!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Raider Bill

They say Crazy Horse will not be completed in our Great, Great Grand kids life time.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

nativewolf

I enjoyed the posts from our member that was out there, did logging in the Bad Lands.  Hopefully they'll posts some stuff again.
Liking Walnut

barbender

Nice timber in them Badlands😁
Too many irons in the fire

Nebraska

Been too long since I caught trout like that! That looks like an awesome trip.  Hard for me to believe but it's been six years snice we have been up there.  My oldest son was going to be a senior and we looked at South Dakota School of Mines  in Rapid while we were there.   Time flies.

firefighter ontheside

Nice fish Doc.  I fished that area a little about 10 years ago.  I caught a few trout in a stream in Rapid City.  I also fished in Oahe Lake and a bit in the Missouri River.  I caught a walleye in the MO River in Pierre.  We parked the camper at a campground very near to Mt Rushmore.

We fished a lake in MO a few weeks ago and caught lots of Smallmouth.  This is my son with his biggest.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Nebraska

olcowhand

I bet that fish was wishin' he had an arm and sleeve to wipe his lips with..... (Doc, with "friends" like us, who needs enemas?). Looks like a great trip!
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

doc henderson

actually @olcowhand she was trying to get her cellphone to "bluegill" and play the theme from the movie ghost, but i got her filleted before that.    (that's blue tooth for fish underwater.)   :) fishin-smiley  @firefighter ontheside I do not see that young man given that fish a Kiss!   smiley_kiss
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

firefighter ontheside

Doc, he tried to get me to kiss my fish.  I said I'm not doing it if you don't.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!