iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Frustrating to find a Mill

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, February 13, 2015, 06:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I have potential customers calling me about saw jobs. They get my name and number from Woodmizer.
This is one thing I really like about the Woodmizer family and Woodmizer is a big help.

Some potential customers who call me are maybe 2-3 hours away. Since I am stationary, I try to find them a traveling mill in their area or a stationary mill in their area....band mill or circle mill. Its all just about helping somebody get lumber without a big hassle.

I go to the members map and more than half the members have not logged on in 2 years or more in a particular area.
The ones that are active, I can't tell if they have a mill....and if they do, are they portable or stationary. I check their profile and they are basically just a name.

I send them a PM with a potential job and I get no answer.

Could members please post somewhere what your business interest is. Do you have a mill? What type? Do you travel? Are you stationary? Band Mill or Circle Mill?

Thanks!

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

SPD748

I'd be most happy to saw for you Poston, any time you have need my friend, whether it be for you or a referred customer.

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

terrifictimbersllc

This is supposed to already be here, the Find-A-Database in "Extras", above. But only two besides you have signed up for South Carolina. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

red oaks lumber

there ya go goat , put a mill portable ;D you can get your recliner to be mobile also
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: SPD748 on February 13, 2015, 06:25:47 PM
I'd be most happy to saw for you Poston, any time you have need my friend, whether it be for you or a referred customer.

-lee

I don't worry about you Lee.....I know you'll be there.....and vera visa, or is it visa vera? Oh well....Thanks Buddy!  :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on February 13, 2015, 06:26:45 PM
This is supposed to already be here, the Find-A-Database in "Extras", above. But only two besides you have signed up for South Carolina.

Yes....more sawyers need to add this info in extras.  :)

WV Sawmiller

Poston,

I tried twice to add my name and details for portable sawing to the Extras database. Completed all the steps, filled in all the blocks then clicked the button to save the data but nothing shows up. Is there a gottcha I am missing? Thx.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on February 13, 2015, 07:43:52 PM
Poston,

I tried twice to add my name and details for portable sawing to the Extras database. Completed all the steps, filled in all the blocks then clicked the button to save the data but nothing shows up. Is there a gottcha I am missing? Thx.

I'm not sure......maybe "The Mill Rat" will chime in.  :)

JB Griffin

The old Goat got my goat so I went and signed up  :D
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 13, 2015, 06:21:05 PM
I have potential customers calling me about saw jobs. They get my name and number from Woodmizer.
This is one thing I really like about the Woodmizer family and Woodmizer is a big help.

Some potential customers who call me are maybe 2-3 hours away. Since I am stationary, I try to find them a traveling mill in their area or a stationary mill in their area....band mill or circle mill. Its all just about helping somebody get lumber without a big hassle.

I go to the members map and more than half the members have not logged on in 2 years or more in a particular area.
The ones that are active, I can't tell if they have a mill....and if they do, are they portable or stationary. I check their profile and they are basically just a name.

Could members please post somewhere what your business interest is. Do you have a mill? What type? Do you travel? Are you stationary? Band Mill or Circle Mill?

Thanks!

Wow, Have a  smiley_alcoholic_01  And calm down :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Southside

Well as you know I am trying to figure out what mill to buy, then I can sign up for the secret squirrel list, or is that the secret goat list?? ;D ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Peter Drouin on February 13, 2015, 07:58:49 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 13, 2015, 06:21:05 PM

Thanks!

Wow, Have a  smiley_alcoholic_01  And calm down :D :D :D :D
Looks like he's drinking out of an oil can. ::)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Peter Drouin on February 13, 2015, 08:23:55 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 13, 2015, 08:05:11 PM
ATF......Keeps me regular.  :D

A goat with a red butt :D :D :D
..named Scooter.  :) :) :)   

Needs some of these:   

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Magicman

Yup.  I just got an inquiry tonight from a potential customer in Long Beach, Ms. with a 60" diameter Oak that he wants slabbed.  Hello slabbers.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Shotgun

T timbers...
Your hugely long URL in this post is really raising havoc with many screens.  Just saying.    ???
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

terrifictimbersllc

POSTON WIDEHEAD

terrifictimbersllc

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on February 13, 2015, 09:02:45 PM
Yup.  I just got an inquiry tonight from a potential customer in Long Beach, Ms. with a 60" diameter Oak that he wants slabbed.  Hello slabbers.

This is what I'm talking about. Scott Smith would be my contact for slabbing but I know theres more....but I don't know where they are.

Foxtrapper

How do you edit that information.  Mine is slightly outdated...
2014 WoodMizer LT28

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Foxtrapper on February 13, 2015, 10:04:46 PM
When you first click on find-a-database, before you search anything, there is a line below the search fields to edit your information.  Click it and log in as you would for FF.   Then you can change things and click "modify".

Correction...looks like one sets the username and password for the finda-database on your database page (see Jeff post below).

Foxtrapper

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on February 13, 2015, 10:18:36 PM
Quote from: Foxtrapper on February 13, 2015, 10:04:46 PM
When you first click on find-a-database, before you search anything, there is a line below the search fields to edit your information.  Click it and log in as you would for FF.   Then you can change things and click "modify".

Weird, I log in with my current password and it says it isn't the right one.  I logged out of ff and log back in and still won't accept it?  EDITED BY ADMIN.
2014 WoodMizer LT28

Thank You Sponsors!