iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mystery Jack

Started by TheDirt, May 16, 2012, 04:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonewolf

No problem have manuals that cover most 200 series tj. Be glad to help u any time. If I don't reply be patient next tract of timber I have no phone recption. Staying in camper on site so may be gone a while.
"EARTH FIRST"  WE'LL LOG THE OTHER PLANETS LATER

SBeange

TheDirt

Timberjack produced a model 217 in the late 60's that was powered by a Perkins 4-236. Of course the door in your pics is an add on.

Scott

Okrafarmer

So did you get it all fixed, and did you end up buying it?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

TheDirt

It is all fixed, after the winch incident I ended up having to pull the front axle and going to canada to the have the no-spin diff rebuilt. Then I wound out the keyway on the winch drive shaft, then the brakes went and I had to take the winch back off in order to get that apart and the re-do everything, fortunately I have had some really good help or I'd have been lost, without a manual or any timberjack knowledge some of this has been frustrating. Although, in hindsight I will say they are about as simple a machine as you could ask for to work on, once you understand them.
So, it's running strong now. At this point I am thinking I want something bigger and newer.
I like the Timberjacks, If i could find something Cummins or Deutz powered and a little bigger, like a 240. That would be ideal. tough machines to find though.
That machine was a confirmed 217d in the end, thanks for the help here.
It's for sale too, I think he wants something like $12k

Maine372

chadwick and baross has a 240 powered with a cummins in mass. its spendy but a nice machine.

Thank You Sponsors!