iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Central Boiler 2300 re-start problem

Started by talldog, October 23, 2016, 01:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talldog

Hi guys,  I fired up my boiler this morning. Temp started at 53. Blower was working fine. Left it alone for a few hours without plugging the circulator pump in.It was creeping up nicely. When I got back, temp readout was 000 and beeping. I turned everything off, and consulted the manuel. That told me it was the low water shut off. I checked the water and it was a little low. Added some and tried again with the same result. Do you suppose that the low water sensor might have gone bad? Any other thoughts? Also, Does anyone from Maine know who the dealer for the mid-coast might be now? Thanks

go green

the water level sensor can be tested by unplugging the connector and use a multimeter to check for continuity on the leads from the water level sensor.  if the sensor does not test as a closed circuit it is likely it needs to be replaced.  Downeast Outdoor Boiler at Ellsworth ME is a dealer you will find on the CB dealer locator.  His contact phone number is 207-667-6860.

Be sure to test the nitrite level if you have added water.  Inhibitor must be maintained above 1500ppm for adequate protection.

Thank You Sponsors!