iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tracked Forestry Machines--older

Started by sprucebunny, February 24, 2005, 10:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

Found this site about the Bombardier Museum. I want to go ;D

At the bottom of the page click on the  " VFB " video to see an all purpose forestry machine in action ;D

http://museebombardier.com/en/content/jab/biographie1949_1958.htm
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Roxie

That is absolutely amazing!  I watched the TTA Tractor in the summer version, and was just thinking what I could do with that at the Antique Tractor Pulls!   :o
I also think that's Ian standing by the Muskeg.   :D
Say when

SwampDonkey

Interesting site, sprucebunney. Those where the days. ;D  :)

In the Timber Harvest Methods and Equipment thread there is a little F-4 Dion forwarder that I've seen work. It's a tracked vehicle also. You can see it on page 43 of that thread. The owner has a far bit od down time with it because its getting old.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

What a great website you found there Joan.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

devo

That is a cool site! Thanks for posting that sprucebunny.
Crazy enough to try it! (once)

Ed

Thank's for posting! That's a great site.
8) 8)

isawlogs

Joan ...   I've been there twice its a great museum alot of machines in there , they have one of every machine that Mr. Bombardier has made , Valcourt is in between Montréal and Sherbrook . Really interesting place to visite if someone likes tracked vehicules ... Thanks for the link
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

maple flats

Another tracked machine and one which I borrow (from my brother who is 5 minutes away from my woodlot) when I get in trouble with my little wheel tractor is a Positrac, now bought out by caterpiller as I'm told. The one I borrow is 70 hp with kevlar reinforced rubber tracks that are wide enough to really spread out the weight and leaves very little sign it went by unless you turn too sharp on soft ground. If you do tear up a little ground it also has a bucket loader on one end and a tractor type Patu skidding winch with a blade on the other and this one has been modified so you can drive facing in either direction, for or aft. However this is not an older unit, probably about 15 years or so.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

OLD_ JD

hi all ,this is my first time on this site and it's very cool :)..whene reading this post i just cant pass it w/out comment... ;D

iam actulie from quebec close to valcout area where i already visite the bombardier musuem..very interesting , and 4 some information if u need i will be more then happy to help ;D...btw i already run one of those F-4 dion who i think is a great machine for loggin in weet and fragile land..but be care about stony groud.. :(...im thinking of bying one to pick up my small wood who is a pain to get it whit my skidder...     thanks all
canadien forest ranger

Jeff

Welcome to the Forestry Forum OLD_ JD  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!