iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

old version of 372xp

Started by Cam460, February 01, 2019, 04:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cam460

Does anyone know if you can still buy the older version of the 372xp? And if not does anyone run the new ones?

TACOMATODD

What "specific" constitutes older?
Trying harder everyday

Somewhat Handy

Perhaps he means non xtorq? I think the OP should look up Spike60's saw college videos. He lines up (nearly?) every version of that saw in chronological order on his deck, including the Jonesred derivatives. Lots of commentary about what is discontinued or still available. Chances are, the OP will be looking for something NOS or refurbished at this point.

Cam460

Update I ended up buying a new 372xp x torq. Really happy with it so far. Although it does seem to spin a little slower than the non x torq that I have run in the past. Would appreciate anyone that runs this same saw and has any advice for tuning and gaining a little power. 
Thanks,
Cam

Southside

I believe they have a RPM limited module in them, a woods porting will really wake her up.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Cam460

Yeah that's what I've heard but besides that what do you guys think? Good purchase?

wild262

You can never go wrong with any 372, X-Torq or non.  Cheapest mods I know of is to get rid of, or gut the "cat" muffler if it has one.  This will allow it to breathe better.  Just remember, any mods will void your warrentee if you have to use it.  If you like the low end lugging torque, then this is all I would do to it.

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Cam460

Thanks for the response guys! Think I will leave her stock for now. So far it has impressed me!

wild262

Quote from: Cam460 on February 06, 2019, 09:49:35 PM
Thanks for the response guys! Think I will leave her stock for now. So far it has impressed me!

Wise choice.  It should get even stronger once you run 10-12 tanks thru her and broke-in.

Thank You Sponsors!