Sponsors:

Pics of log hauling

Started by Quebecnewf, April 10, 2005, 06:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

Here are a few pics I took today Last day for this sea ice getting too thin

Paul

Jeff

So far I can not figure out by looking at your photos, if you are actually harvesting wood, or just parading what you have around because you are so proud of having those logs.  WHERE ARE DA TREES? :D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

leweee

Jeff ...the trees are at the other end of the sea ice road ...da Mainland....A shore :D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Sawyerfortyish

Jeff they cut em all down and thats just some straglers that got forgot. Well almost ;D

duramax

That's 1/10th of a hitch for my 560.
1999 Timbco T455D , 1999 Timberjack 560 dual arch grapple, 1987 Timberjack 450 cable , 1998 Husky Brute XL235 loader w/slasher

sprucebunny

Paul,   Nice pics...thanks.

That's a good load for the snowmobile. Is it a special machine ??? Big motor or track or any thing ?
How far do you sled the logs ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

duramax

I was wondering how you'd get that stopped on a hill? I've never skidded with a snowmobile.
1999 Timbco T455D , 1999 Timberjack 560 dual arch grapple, 1987 Timberjack 450 cable , 1998 Husky Brute XL235 loader w/slasher

timberjack240

ive seen some wild things but....  :o   :D  :D
you should paint it orange and piant TIMBERJACK on it   ;D

Kevin

How do you get the logs piled up on the sleigh?

UNCLEBUCK

Great pictures Paul, I looked on my computer where you are , 2 places came up but by looking at your pictures it sure looks like your up northeast of the anticosti island . If your familiar with baie-johan-beetz I been there twice for months at a time .The road ended at havre-st.piere but it looks like the road has made it farther up the coast . Are you around harrington bay or am I looking at my map wrong? I looked at your photo album and you have quite the place up there in gods country ! :P
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

UNCLEBUCK

It was my job to catch dinner . here is what a half hour of fishing would get me on the watchichou river all by myself . I wish I could go back there someday. I know you cant be too far east of that. I was 13 in this picture,thats 27 years ago but seems like yesterday . Thanks for the pics from up in gods country . I look forward to more
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Quebecnewf

I'll try to handle a few of your questions

the pictures were taken out on a marsh the woods are about 100 yards behind the sleigh. The machine is a VK540 Yamaha and the other one is a 340 Yamaha Enticer. I have hauled around 650 logs this winter with them mostly the VK. A round trip from my mill to the woods is about 32 klm or about 20 miles. I load the logs by hand.This is not as hard as it seems you learn all the tricks to this after 10 years. This was the last trip for this year as we had a storm last night and the ice bridge from the island to the mainland is surely gone. It is not a problem to go downhill with logs in tow as long as you know what your doing. I have been driving snowmobiles for 30 years so i'm getting the hang of it. We are 165 miles east of Baie Johan Beetz.

Paul

Thank You Sponsors!