iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer Super LT70

Started by John S, December 20, 2014, 11:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

Just watched a short YouTube video from Woodmizer. Now I know what Santa can bring!
Merry Christmas to all and thanks for being the best source of information for me in 2014.
John
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

stavebuyer

The hydraulics look great. Curious about the set-works. My partner has a wm4000 and the set-works are a giant step backwards. Our old 70 with accuset 2 and external hydraulic unit puts it to shame.

YoungStump

I saw this mill at the Paul Bunyan show, seems very impressive. I didn't really check out any details of the setworks but it looks like they definitely changed some things from the regular DCS.
Echo Enterprises 45HD2 production series band mill, Cook's Edger, sawing mostly pallet cants, rr ties, and grade lumber.

Dave Shepard

Quote from: stavebuyer on December 20, 2014, 08:04:34 PM
The hydraulics look great. Curious about the set-works. My partner has a wm4000 and the set-works are a giant step backwards. Our old 70 with accuset 2 and external hydraulic unit puts it to shame.

What don't you like about the WM4000 setworks? I really like Accuset2, but have a couple of ideas for improvements.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

stavebuyer

The computer controls the feed speed on the 4000 by monitoring current draw. You have to make a ''set" and "mark" both the beginning and end of the log so the computer knows to slow down the feed speed when entering the log and allows it speed up after exiting. That's two extra steps that must be done or your in slow motion from where you finish dragging back until you enter the cut. The head raises and drops automatically by the "reference set" you made at the beginning and end of the log. The set-works are only programmed for turning the log 90 degrees; if you want to turn the log 180 your choice is manual mode or go through the set up every time you turn the log. If your cutting grade and making multiple turns there would be advantages. Cutting ties and cants the Accu-set II is much simpler and faster.

Dave Shepard

That does sound arduous.  ??? ??? I think I would definitely prefer to control my own speed with a joystick.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!