iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help! Looking for a small utility to edit (crop) MrSID imagery.

Started by SwampDonkey, May 08, 2005, 09:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Hi everyone.

I have been trying to find a small utility that can crop MrSID image files.  ;D LizardTech has GeoExpress 5.0 but that program is too over bloated for what I need. (59 meg 30-day Trial version) :o  I just need a utility to crop the MrSID images because the margins of my images contain black borders that I want to cut off so I can overlay the images seamlessly.  :-\ Nothing more annoying than a black boder in the middle of my maps.  >:(  :( Anyone know of something from a University or the US Forest Service  ??? There used to be a Photoshop Plugin for V 4.0 I think, might have been Mac Only.  :(

regards
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tillaway

Sorry, can't help ya.  By the way, what are you trying to do that for, or more to the point what is your image source.  Just curious, I think we get out Mr Sid images ready to use.  No nasty boarders to delete so they must be geo-registered before we ever get them.  If they didn't our GIS geeks would be still working on them when we need the next flight. ::) ;)
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

SwampDonkey

The MrSID are all georeferenced and I get them from a Government Agency. But, they have this black border. They are projected in NAD83 New Brunswick Double Stereographic. There is overlap from one MrSID to the next. Why they didn't trim the images is beyond me. If I were in charge of their production I would have made sure they were trimmed. The images cover 15 x 10 km of view. There normally isn't a problem with the borders, but when a private woodlot is on a splice of two images then you get this black border running in the middle of the woodlot. Next weekend I may try and snag the Trial Version of GEOEXPRESS 5.0 with MrSID. It's a pretty big file on dialup.  :-\

http://www.lizardtech.com/products/geo/trial.php

QuoteNo nasty boarders to delete so they must be geo-registered before we ever get them.  If they didn't our GIS geeks would be still working on them when we need the next flight.

Then you need to hire me. ;D ;D :D :D

Each MrSID image directory contains files with the following extensions:

*.cor
*.sdw
*.sur
*.vtm
*.iga
*.sid
*.tfw

;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tillaway

You are way ahead of me on this one. ;)

The first rule of forestry is to have all the lands you work on at the edge of map or photo, preferably near a corner so you need four of them to get the whole picture. ::) ;D
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D :D :D

Well I know some individuals who's thinking would coincide with that statement. They usually have their sneakers on, and reclining in the pickup with their feet on the dashboard, window cruising.

;D ;D :D :D :D

MSU_Keith

SwampDonkey

Thanks MSU, however it doesn't allow MrSID editing. I did find the Photoshop plugin, but it doesn't allow saving back to .SID format.  :-\

Thank You Sponsors!