iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

THE GOAT DID IT! A brand spanking NEW WOODMIZER!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 02, 2018, 06:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: YellowHammer on January 07, 2018, 12:24:59 AM
The big question is......did you at least get the Woodmizer hat?!?
:D :D

Not yet. Their having a hard time finding a hat to fit my head.  :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: 4x4American on January 07, 2018, 11:05:48 AM
Quote from: Darrel on January 07, 2018, 10:33:21 AM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 06, 2018, 11:44:35 PM
I did not order the "fine adjust" outriggers. Is this gonna cause an uproar?  :D :D :D

I'd just like jacks that never stuck up above the bed at any time so that I wouldn't have to dig holes in frozen ground to avoid sawing their silly little tops off. If FAO's never stick up above the bed, I want them, otherwise they wouldn't be worth the extra cost to me.

The FAO's dont stick above the bed.  But they have too much give to them and you constantly have to tighten them unless you order the locke for them (should be standard).  Plus, the far FAO at the tail of the mill will still stick above the bed and if you have the blade in line with it and slam into the back stop or have the mill cruising while you're stacking lumber you'll cut into it, done it before.
Whatever Turbo Fang blades you're running need braces.  :o :o
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

sawman

'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Crossroads

Thanks for the breakdown on the accuset 4x4, I've been considering upgrading later this year and your explanation has me leaning that way. I have a cheat sheet laminated for the third face so I can come out even on dimensional lumber, but I have to rely on my math if the customer requested a variety out of a cant. The cheat sheet works pretty good except for that 1 typo.....

Maybe you should request a coffee cup instead of a hat?
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The new Wide Head should be ready for pick up on Feb. 2 in Albemarle, N.C

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'll be pressuring washing my mill before long before trading it in.
I had Purple Power in mind tp spray it with before washing.

Some say yes some say no.....what works best?

Magicman

I say yes to Purple Power, full strength.  It will also remove Love Bugs, etc. from your vehicle without harming the paint or decals.

Not made from Purple Drank, but still good.   :)

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mad murdock

purple power is good stuff, we use it on the helicopters, and it removes grease and turbine soot real well, and is not hard on paint, nor is it real corrosive to bare metal bits. I should also add Purple power and super clean are almost exactly the same, except purple power is less $$, more savings sos you can afford to put holes in your new hat so's it will fit the goat proper! ;D
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Ga Mtn Man

Watch the decals when pressuring washing... you can blast them right off.  ::)

I thought you were keeping the old mill?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Treehack

Quote from: Magicman on January 17, 2018, 12:11:48 PM
I say yes to Purple Power, full strength.  It will also remove Love Bugs, etc. from your vehicle without harming the paint or decals.

Not made from Purple Drank, but still good.   :)
Just don't get confused and pressure wash with Purple Drank full strength and drink the Purple Power.  :D
TK 1220, 100+ acres of timber, strong left arm.

YellowHammer

It would be a cold day before I pressure washed the Kohler.  Clean up everything else, leave it dirty, and forlorn.  ;D. I might even give it a kick in the exhaust pipe with my boot when the new mill showed up. 8)

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: YellowHammer on January 17, 2018, 01:58:44 PM
It would be a cold day before I pressure washed the Kohler.   

Then today is perfect YellowHammer. 28°

Jeff

Wash when it gets a bit colder for better preservation

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:D :D :D Looks like one of those Squirrels that lives in your Slick Bark Cedar tree.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I did do this......I called Indy this afternoon and ordered the packet with brand new safety stickers in it.
So when I get her clean, I'll remove the old safety sticker ya can't read replace them with brand new ones.  :)

WDH

It might not run but it will have nice new decals  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

YellowHammer

The best safety feature of all.  It won't run.  :D :D :D

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

ncsawyer

POSTONLT40HD, I haven't been on the forum in a little while, so I am just reading about your exciting new purchase. 

CONGRATS!  My buddy got the exact same mill less than a year ago and it has the new "emissions" diesel.  It has a screen that shows all kinds of cool information about the engine, and the controls are a little different.  I ran it long enough to cut one log and it seems like the blade engage and guide arm switch are in different places than on my LT40.  It was hard for me to get used to.

I am sure you develop new muscle memory shortly with the new mill! 
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: YellowHammer on January 17, 2018, 08:51:35 PM
The best safety feature of all.  It won't run.  :D :D :D

It's all been fixed. Sawing everyday unless it's too cold.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: ncsawyer on January 17, 2018, 10:06:22 PM

......the new "emissions" diesel.  It has a screen that shows all kinds of cool information about the engine....

I did not know this but I like it! I made a comment in another post that i would like to have something like a dashboard to give the sawyer information about the engine. This sounds like a good thing. thanks for the info.

starmac

Curious did you trade yours in outright, or taking it in on consignment, or something of the sort?
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: starmac on January 17, 2018, 10:31:19 PM
Curious did you trade yours in outright, or taking it in on consignment, or something of the sort?

Yes.

AdamT

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 17, 2018, 10:23:09 PM
Quote from: ncsawyer on January 17, 2018, 10:06:22 PM

......the new "emissions" diesel.  It has a screen that shows all kinds of cool information about the engine....

I did not know this but I like it! I made a comment in another post that i would like to have something like a dashboard to give the sawyer information about the engine. This sounds like a good thing. thanks for the info.

There's a bunch of different things the screen shows, these are the only two pics I have when I picked the new mill up in June. There's engine rpms, %engine load, exhaust temp, intake air temp, fuel temp, fuel pressure, engine hrs, voltage, etc etc. within each diagnostic you can go in and check out further if there is an issue. Just need to "play" with it when you get it. It's pretty neat, I always like to check the barometric pressure and adjust my sawing accordingly. It's a wonder anyone can saw without one equipped to their mill. 

And yes, the toggle switch for auto clutch is moved to the top right. It will take a few hours to rellearn where it's at. You'll keep hitting the blade guide arm toggle switch, which thankfully operates left to right so you won't engage it by accident.

2017 Wood-Mizer LT40HDD35-RA
2011 Wood-Mizer LT40 HD

It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Good pics Adam. Thanks for taking the time to post them.
Looks like fun.  8)
Can't wait!

It does look like your control station is stationary.....I may be wrong.
I'm getting the walk behind.

AdamT

Yes I upgraded to the remote station with accuset. I imagine the walk along with this engine would still have the control screen.

2017 Wood-Mizer LT40HDD35-RA
2011 Wood-Mizer LT40 HD

It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it

Thank You Sponsors!