iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 375xp pro ?

Started by 20ozjolt, February 23, 2017, 05:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

20ozjolt

There is a guy local selling a 375 XP Pro... as near as I can tell this saw doesn't exist...?

There is the 372 xp.... is this just some one that slapped a new sticker on an old saw?

EDIT: huh cant add photo from Photo bucket

20ozjolt

celliott

So, husky did make a 75cc (51.4mm) 372. For a few years this was the 372XPW. The piston and cylinder obviously swap to the regular 372 chassis. I think I remember reading somewhere that husky did also make some 375xp decals,  but I do not believe a regular handlebar, 375xp was ever factory produced. That saw is likely a custom build up.

I would just check that it actually uses the OEM top end and not an AM big bore kit.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

20ozjolt

how do I tell the difference?
only run craftsman and stihl

SawTroll

Quote from: celliott on February 23, 2017, 05:55:38 AM
So, husky did make a 75cc (51.4mm) 372. For a few years this was the 372XPW. The piston and cylinder obviously swap to the regular 372 chassis. I think I remember reading somewhere that husky did also make some 375xp decals,  but I do not believe a regular handlebar, 375xp was ever factory produced. That saw is likely a custom build up.

I would just check that it actually uses the OEM top end and not an AM big bore kit.

Yes, they made an xpw version for the US market about 2006-2009, that had the 51.4 mm top end from the 375 cut-off saw on it. They didn't sell them with a 375xp label on them though, the original labels said 372xp. Those saws came with a wrap handlebar.

This means that at least the label has been put on the saw after it originally was sold, possibly the 75cc top end as well. I remember when those labels were around, but I don't remember if they originated from Husky. If the top end is the original on the saw, the halv wrap handlebar is not.

Those 75cc top ends usually say "51.4" in blue ink on top of them. The basic Mahle casting numbers are the same as for the 50 mm/71cc cylinders - but they do have an additional code casted in, that tells them apart from other versions.

Worth noting is that the factory porting isn't nearly as good on the 75 cc ones as on the 71cc ones. Opinions on how they compare in the real world (for cutting) varies - but I feel it safe to say that the 75cc ones are more in need of porting than the 71cc ones, and that it is a lot more work to port them properly for chainsaw use.

Information collector.

20ozjolt

Hmm

So probably not a good saw to buy.....?

The Guy has two, claims like new, he was a logger I think... wants 360 ea with new oregon bars....
has over 10 huskys for sale, all XPs 60cc to the 100 cc models varying use on them, all with new chains and new oregon bars...

I'm wanting a saw in the 60-70 cc range for firewood. That will last for years and not require lots of work.....

Currently I'm using a very very tired stihl 048AV that I can't find parts for any more....

SawTroll

I didn't mean to say that the 75cc 372s aren't good saws - they just aren't much of an improvement over the 71cc ones, if at all - just different.
Information collector.

celliott

Quote from: SawTroll on February 23, 2017, 07:00:20 PM
I didn't mean to say that the 75cc 372s aren't good saws - they just aren't much of an improvement over the 71cc ones, if at all - just different.
And from what I've seen more expensive. Displacement drives price up, even though it may not be better. Some price increase probably comes from the XPW stuff but that's not the case here.

If the price is good and it's an OEM top end I'd treat it like any other 372. Buy it and have a unique saw. If it's an aftermarket big bore I'd stay away.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Thank You Sponsors!