iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

In Like a Lion or a Lamb?

Started by Corley5, March 01, 2006, 09:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Yeah, out working in my barn on my saw. No heat for a change, just lots of sun shining in the door on the south end. I'm trying to get a part manual so I can ask around with some intelligence about the exact part I want and have a photo/drawing too boot. Just old used parts is what I'm after except for the angle gear. Need a tower, shaft, drive shaft, handle bars (well for spare). The little stuff I'll just buy new, but lots of old saws that blew up have parts beyond the power head on up to the end of the shaft, all still good parts. Just laying out in someone's barn or shop for free or cheep ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Wow, I just found it. Like finding a $100 bill stuffed in a coat. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Sitting here, been suffering symptoms of some sort of allergic reaction to something. I hope its February I'm allergic to and tomorrow will be March and soon I can go back to the woods.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

frazman

Our winter was cold with lots of snow. This is the 3rd worst winter for snow on record. I don't think we'll be doing much as for cutting fire wood till the end of April/May if all goes well. So I guess as to the ? how's March coming along, very slow.

sawguy21

Other than a week or so around New Years it has been a very tame winter We have little snow in the valley bottom and apparently below average pack in the high country which doesn't bode well for the summer.  Rain coming this afternoon and 8C predicted for tomorrow.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Was sunny and cold Feb 28th, same March 1. :D

Jeff

Corley5

Yup.  Gonna be a nice day here.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Nebraska

petefrom bearswamp

Cloudy here with temps expected in the upper 30s
I guess you could say lamb.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

sawguy21

Raining here, it's mud season.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ed_K

Enough snow to track a cat, supposed to be 35° today but 30 to 35 mile winds, still going to try to tap a few maples.
Ed K

Jeff

rusticretreater

Quote from: Jeff on March 01, 2006, 10:21:52 AMMan, I typed all that? Is it still March? YUP. :-\
Sounds like some old guy who is getting up in years like most people in the Forestry Forum.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Jeff

According to some clown on facebook, we're mostly dead.

thecfarm

Snow is really gone here. I have some on the edge of the fields and some in the woods. But a lot of bare areas in the woods.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chet

Not a trace here, and I'm on a North facing slope. With next weeks forecast, my ice fishing days are really numbered.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

SwampDonkey

March 1st was a nice day. But we recently had a 2" dump of wet white stuff, that isn't long for the world. I walked through it yesterday and even in the woods and not enough snow to cover the toe of my boots. Trails have more snow than under the dense fir and spruce canopy. Been getting into the 40's here, no unusually warm temps yet.

Southside

More like a Sea Lion here - rain, more rain, then more rain, wind, oh look it's warm and sunny in between the rain - so that must mean more rain is coming.  It's been a very, very, wet winter, should have been frost seeding a month ago but can't get onto the fields at all, absolutely forget about any woods work. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

Mixture coming here tomorrow into Monday, but Houlton, ME says mainly rain.

Chuck White

I've got a feeling the weather we're getting is going to be an ongoing trend in our future weather.

Weather in this area is NOTHING like we used to get when I was growing up, back then it wasn't unusual to get three feet of snow during the night, and the month of February was the coldest, we used to get a week or ten days in a row that never got above ZERO!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Been just squally for 2 days here, never added up to anything yet.

Back in 2006 we had a winter like this. Then 2008 came along and broke records, more snow and cold than I care for.  ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy It's not really any more 'mild' here this March than most. No wild 70 + degrees. 30's and 40's for highs here in the long range. Stormy weather every other day or two.  :snowball:

mudfarmer

Well it is mid March and yesterday I got bit up by ticks and today mosquitoes. There should still be a snow pack ...

Don P

We hit 70 today, been in blooms for a couple of weeks. Another nice April/May day.

Chuck White

My Lilac's are all budded out now, won't be long before the leaves appear, then they'll flower out!

It is discouraging when they blossom and look good for a couple of days, then we get a hard frost!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!