iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

blade heating.

Started by jdw, February 28, 2016, 08:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdw

Was cutting today my blade started heating in the center. I'm thinking it might be dull teeth but got dark before I could file them. I've never had this problem before an I looking in the right place?

Magicman

It always helps to tell what sawmill you are sawing with.  Adding that information to your profile will help with future questions.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bigred1951

How is the mill going. Get everything lined out and working good? Would love to come check it out one day if you don't mind.

jdw

Frick with a 60 inch blade.

jdw

Yes the mill has been doing great till today.

drobertson

Not even close to a pro circle miller, just know a few, blade is running out, dull teeth a good culprit, as well as the log side of the teeth, dull or chipped,, a good starting point  hope you find it,, don't run it hot
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

dgdrls

JDW. Any headway with your issue?

jdw

Yes I filed the bits yesterday and running good and cool now. I think I might have got the angle off on my bits though does anyone know if the make a file guide and where to get one?

drobertson

Glad to hear you got it cooled back down,, not sure on the guide, a saw shop should have something that works for your situation.. I know Dave uses a saw Jockey, he said every break he does a fuzz job, just cause, he is running a corely mill now, was running the hurdle, likes both they each have their good points and faults, mainly on repairing air cylinders,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

dgdrls

FF sponsor Menominee saw will have what u need.  glad u got it solved

dustyhat

If you cant find a file guide PM me.

Thank You Sponsors!