iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Has anybody ever made a bucket list ........

Started by lopet, January 04, 2015, 10:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lopet

and what is your status  ?

- all done  ?
- about half way  ?
- still adding ?

I am just curious if folks who are thinking about slowing down, downsizing or planning to retire have ever made a list with all those things they still wanna do in live.
Myself I kept adding the last few years and I am about at seven or eight things with no check marks on the list and now I am afraid  of eventually running out of time. ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Stephen1

I retired in Feb. 2014, My list is growing as I check off the items. I figure I have a few more good years in me. That is why I am adding items as I think of them. 8)
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

teakwood

One thing on that list should be visiting Costa Rica for holidays! smiley_beertoast fishin-smiley
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

coxy

can we stay with you  im trying to save money  :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)

Ed_K

Ed K

pineywoods

Yeah, been there, done that, it's pretty much a waste of time. I retired and moved back to the farm 17 years ago. The list is longer now than it was then, and a lot of things got changed and re-arranged. Just sorta plan for a general direction and take things as they come.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Stephen1

Quote from: teakwood on January 04, 2015, 11:15:46 AM
One thing on that list should be visiting Costa Rica for holidays! smiley_beertoast fishin-smiley
[/quote
That is on my list to do, spend some time there , close the the pacific and learn how to surf. Are you close to the ocean, mabe I can trade some work for a place to stay ;D
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

SliverPicker

I have a bucket list from time to time.

1) 5 buckets 80w-90 Gl-5
2) 12 buckets Texaco AW-46
3) 1 bucket bar oil
4) 1 bucket pre mix

:)
Yooper by trade.

teakwood

Quote from: Stephen1 on January 05, 2015, 10:59:06 AM
[/quote
That is on my list to do, spend some time there , close the the pacific and learn how to surf. Are you close to the ocean, mabe I can trade some work for a place to stay ;D

You give me a call when your coming, i surely show you my finca and can give you some tips for costa rica. I am about half an hour from the pacific coast, its a famous place here for wind surfing and kite surfing, but not that good for normal surfing. those beaches are farer away.

Maine logger88

Quote from: SliverPicker on January 05, 2015, 11:24:49 AM

1) 5 buckets 80w-90 Gl-5
3) 1 bucket bar oil
4) 1 bucket pre mix

Hahaha x2!
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

lopet

Yeah Costa Rica  would be something too but I am afraid it has to wait but will keep it in mind. You sure have a interesting operation taekwood  :)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.

goose63

Take my new 45-70 head for Texas or New Mexico and go wild hog hunting after that we'll see
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

lopet

Quote from: SliverPicker on January 05, 2015, 11:24:49 AM

1) 5 buckets 80w-90 Gl-5
3) 1 bucket bar oil
4) 1 bucket pre mix

SilverPicker  Believe me I know that list you're talking about very well, but I was more thinking about a Harley drive to the east coast, or a Harley drive to the west coast ( btw  don't have one  ;D )  waterskiing or paragliding stuff like that, you know. No chain saws involved. I guess will take it as it comes.
Oh,  I just added  FF pig roast to the list, just hope Jeff and Tammy are gonna run that event for a few more years so I can stretch everything a little more. ;D ;D

teakwood

Quote from: lopet on January 05, 2015, 05:42:27 PM

Yeah Costa Rica  would be something too but I am afraid it has to wait but will keep it in mind. You sure have a interesting operation taekwood  :)

I would be happy to show my farm to you guys! costa rica is beautiful and not that far away from you. the Beer is good too! :)

sandhills

I'd like to make it back to Alaska, but my wife wants to swim with the dolphins, she was a lifeguard at one time, I'd just sink and drown  :D.  I tried telling her swimming with whales couldn't be that much different (ok a little colder maybe) but she's not biting  ???!

lopet

Thanks for all the replies fellas.  I hope all your plans are gonna work out for you ( and me ) and congratulations to those who have made it. 
Loggers are almost as busy as farmers . ;D

CCC4

If a bucket list is like a list of goals...then yes, I have some and have always tried to live my life cutting out all the "What if's". Right now though I'm just looking for a good girl to hang out with, someone to come home to n stuff n thangz. I'm tired of trashing girls on flings...I need to settle down with one for a while. So yeh, that is my bucket list if I understand the definition.  :D

treeslayer2003

Quote from: CCC4 on January 06, 2015, 07:46:54 PM
If a bucket list is like a list of goals...then yes, I have some and have always tried to live my life cutting out all the "What if's". Right now though I'm just looking for a good girl to hang out with, someone to come home to n stuff n thangz. I'm tired of trashing girls on flings...I need to settle down with one for a while. So yeh, that is my bucket list if I understand the definition.  :D
you coulda done found her.......just sayin

sparky

I was in Costa Rica in November of 2014 on a package tour. The only sawmill operations that I saw were northeast of La Fortuna enroute to a boat trip on a river near the border with Nicaragua. It is a beautiful country with nothing but friendly people.
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

lopet

Quote from: CCC4 on January 06, 2015, 07:46:54 PM
I'm just looking for a good girl to hang out with

They are out there, just keep looking and good luck !

In case you haven't seen the movie

The main plot follows two terminally ill men (portrayed by Nicholson and Freeman) on their road trip with a wish list of things to do before they kick the bucket. ( Wikipedia )

I guess that's where it came from.

SliverPicker

lopet, I always enjoy your posts.  Thanks for taking mine the right way.  It was supposed to be funny.

My bucket list currently includes one item; a 6 month trip to Finland.  I would like to go September through February.  On second thought may be a full year would be better.
Yooper by trade.

lopet

There you go.  Finland sounds very interesting, isn't it where all that forestry gear gets developed ?  Are you planning to work there ?
btw  your oily bucket list was funny, just forgot the smileys

SliverPicker

If I went for a year I would have to work, but the language is a major barrier.  I know about 20 words and probably half of them aren't fit for polite company. :embarassed:
Yooper by trade.

gspren

We retired 3 years ago and travel some with a RV. 2 years ago we left home in July and got home in October after zig zagging across the Country hitting all the states we hadn't been in before completing one of my bucket list items. That trip included the FF pig roast and Magic's Chicken Crispin!
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Bert

A pigroast and chickin crispin are on my bucket list. Right now, the stars aren't aligned unfortunately. I would really enjoy it.
Saw you tomorrow!

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

gspren

In the spring of the same year that we hit the pig roast and chicken crispin we visited Loggah in NH and that is also worthy of adding to your list, he has some really neat stuff! My wife would like to go back to Loggah's place just to gather river rocks.

loggah

Theres still plenty of rocks left !!!!! ;D Come get some more!!!!
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

gspren

Quote from: loggah on January 09, 2015, 05:54:00 PM
Theres still plenty of rocks left !!!!! ;D Come get some more!!!!

Right now we got single digit temps in PA so I doubt it's much warmer in NH, maybe July or August that river would look inviting!

thenorthman

Throw a live grenade (not likely or legal)

Jump out of a perfectly good airplane (need to lose some weight)

visit both poles, preferably on 2 wheels (taking donations now)

Own more then 5 acres and only work for myself and mine (werkin on this one) (also taking donations now)
well that didn't work

lopet

Quote from: thenorthman on January 10, 2015, 03:13:46 PM
visit both poles, preferably on 2 wheels

Good luck with that one  :) Let me know when your planning to leave. I will make a donation. ;)

Pa Pa Jack

When I was about 13 or 14 years old, I had a teacher that gave us an assignment. We were to list 5 people we would like to meet and talk to. My list was, 1, Fred Bear, he was and still is one of my heroes, 2. Vernon Law, he was a pitcher for the Pgh Pirates at the time, 3. John Wayne, 4. Chuck Yeager and 5. Johnny Weismiller of Tarzan fame.

I began writing to them and explained my list. Within three years I had the opportunity to meet and talk, briefly to every one of them.

I maintained a pen-pal relationship with Fred Bear until his death.

Writing down goals or dreams has a way of focusing us on them. When my Mother passed away aobut 12 years ago, I had to go through some of her personal papers and found my original list. I still have it. I am now 66 and bucket lists take on a whole new meaning the older we get.

lopet

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

I remembered one more thing, there's a guy with a junk yard about 25 miles from me that pretty well buys up about any old farm iron on every sale around here, yet I still have to go to his place for parts to fix up my old junk.  I vowed once, my life won't be complete until I have something he really, really wants.  I've been to sales and never bid against him once then turned around and asked "how much for just that part?" it's usually at least 3/4 of what he paid for the whole machine  :(. 

Thank You Sponsors!