iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any woodworking fishermen?

Started by Larry, August 08, 2013, 06:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

One might say I have an abundance of fishing rods.  Rods for stripers, walleye, bass, and crappie rods.  I rotate between the boat and storage.  I've made several rod racks in the past, but all took up precious wall space.  I did a google just to see what was out there and came up with overhead rod storage.  This is my rendition. 

Since we live on a COE lake everybody fishes.  I had no idea I could sell these things but I've sold several without any marketing effort or really even trying.  Hang it in the garage over your car and it occupies unused space.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I like that Larry. I've never seen them built like that.
I can understand because my R&R's take up wall space. So, what did you do? Utilize air space.  smiley_thumbsup

Pretty good idea. Thanks for sharing.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I like it.  Something like that will work well at the Cabin.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Did you make the cabinets  ???.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Larry

Why of course...where else would a guy with a sawmill acquire cabinets? :D :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

Mooseherder

I'm embarrassed to say my fishing poles are leaning on a garage wall and full of sawdust from the woodworking. :(
I don't deserve to own those poles.
On the other hand my Poles at the cabin will be seeing some action real soon.
I hope they're ready for me.  Don't ask me why catching a fish 8 inches in length is so exciting.  It just can't be explained.

WDH

Quote from: Larry on August 08, 2013, 09:56:01 PM
Why of course...where else would a guy with a sawmill acquire cabinets? :D :D

I know, it was a stupid question  :D.  The rod rack is nice, too. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

But only two of the rods have reels. ??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Magicman

Well they are reel real cabinets.   ;D

Larry

giant splinter

Very nice rod rack, plenty of space and gets them up out of the way nicely. Nice score from the internet Larry, could you text me the link  :D :D ;D
roll with it

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on August 08, 2013, 10:03:54 PM
Don't ask me why catching a fish 8 inches in length is so exciting.  It just can't be explained.

Another fish story.....quit bragging.  :D WHERE ARE YOU DOC?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ianab

Quote from: Magicman on August 08, 2013, 10:23:14 PM
But only two of the rods have reels. ??

He only as 2 hands to fish with.....  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Peter Drouin

Nice rack, but why do you have tin roofing in side on the ceiling and not sheet rock or wood?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Larry

This is in the shop.  Trusses on 4' centers so I don't think drywall would work.  The tin was seconds so ended up being cheap and fast to install.  I like it.

Magicman

Plus it reflects light really well.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Lud

Nice rod rack, Larry.  About how high is it hung?   I see it's on light chain so does it stay put or does it get to swayin'?   A fella might get dizzy if it was swayin' over your head when you tried to put your rod away........... ;D ;D ;D
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Larry

Yeap, thats Corp of Engineers.

I hung it where it is a comfortable reach for me.  That puts it a little over 7' from the floor.  First time I had it too low.  It does sway a little but I have never been bothered by it.

Thank You Sponsors!