Super Bowl.

Started by old3dogg, February 06, 2005, 09:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

old3dogg

Whos gonna win the super bowl!
I have to put my money on the Eagals.
Darned old Steelers any way!! >:(

bull

When I get paid that kind of money for running a mill I will start worryin about football......

Just aint fair, although we all enjoy what we do we still are bustin our but's. It's Joke that people are willing to pay that kinda of money to watch a group of "grown Boys" play a game and the Pi$$, B1Tch, and Moan when they have to pay a reasonable price for a product produced by real Hard working Men and Women

Im from Massachusetts so I guess I could say Go Pats. :-\

DanG

Like I told Linda this morning,  I wouldn't care who won if they were playing the thing in my pasture.  Guess I'm just not an athletic supporter. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Cedarman

DanG, you took the words right off my puter screen.
Who cares?
I will be watching the commercials though. ;) ;)
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Patty

Well, I LOVE football (young men in spandex, I mean what is not to like!!  ;)  ). I have been anxiously waiting for this day. Whoopee! I am a tiny bit sad knowing that this is the last game of the year, and the withdrawal for me is ugly. Just wish they had a football season that would last all year round.  :)

As far as who wins...well I always pull for the underdog, so I guess I am for the Eagles.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Paschale

I forgot that it was SuperBowl Sunday until I grabbed the paper today.   :D  I don't really care who wins or loses.  I doubt I'll even watch much of it.  But I'm with Cedarman...maybe the best thing about the SB is watching the commercials.   :D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

thecfarm

I would much rather go to a logging show any day.I would like to see the Pats win.I'm from Maine.I won't watch it,read about it in the paper tomorrow.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tom

Game or No game, there is one heck of a Party going on in Jacksonville.  The streets are painted the bridges lit, fireworks every night, Entertainers putting on shows, The city putting on FREE shows, The NFL putting on "for pay" shows,  lots of rambunctiousness,  Downtown's for pedestrians and there are parties in every shop and on every street corner.  The Parking is filled with tail-gaters the local media is having the time of their lives, the weather is great and the Game may just be anti-climatic.

There used to be two party times like this in Jacksonville. One was the Gator Bowl and the other was the Georgia-Florida game.  Since the NFL came to town, they have complained about colleges using the fields and made it difficult for these Parties to exist.  The Super Bowl celebration is a remembrance of those fun times.

Didn't used to have to have an excuse for a party. :D

old3dogg

Well Im lucky Patty.
We go from football right into NASCAR and from NASCAR right back into foolball! ;D

fstedy

NASCAR Now thats where its at! But bein from NEW JOISEY I would finally like to see the EAGLES  win and this area get back to normal. These fans are crazy!!!  ::) ::) ::)
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

old3dogg

Its been like 30 years for the Eagles or something like that.
I guess that gives the fans the right to be a little crazy.
The only problem with NASCAR is that they need to get back to thier roots a little more.They are starting to lose touch with the comman fan.
They need to bring back North Wilksborough,Rockingham and the Southern 500 needs to be in Darligton.
To many boring 2 mile flat tracks.
But anyhow.
Go Ryan Newman!

Roxie

I'm with Patty.....what's not to like?   :D
I'm located about 50 miles west of Philadelphia, and in the outside chance that the Eagles win, they are gonna tear this town apart.  The Eagles last Superbowl win was 1981.  These fans (and they have been very loyal) have waited a long, long time for a winning team.  Just being there is great! 
Now, you talk about PARTIES?  ???  The fans started in this area on Friday and it's been non-stop.  I'm really looking forward to the game. 
Say when

chet

I'm so excited about da game, dat I think I'll go down to da firehall and wash my pickup and da wifes blazer.   ::)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

ScottAR

Time: Friday afternoon.

(coworker of mine) " Who do ya think will win the superbowl?"

(me) "Who's playin'?"

(coworker) [silence]

:D ;D :D ;D :D
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

WV_hillbilly

I with ya old3dogg  .  NASCAR is forgeting where it czme from .  As far as the Super Bowl  the commercials  are  the only thing worth watching .
Hillbilly

old3dogg

Well now that thats over.[I never made it through the 3rd quarter]
Whos gonna win the Daytona 500?
I have this gut feeling that its gonna be Rusty Wallace.

bull

Thank god thats over now Boston can waste more money on their Parade....

More taxes and an unbalanced budget to keep all the Yahoo's in check...... Only two arrests in Boston after last nights game and no one got killed.. Only cost $1.2 Million in Public Saftey Overtime . :o.......    GO "away" FOOTBALL !!

Fraxinus

Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Cedarman

I loved that cat and knife commercial. Things are never what they seem to be.  Was there a game in there somewhere?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Teri

Sorry, crybaby.... debris on the track Wallace is Not goin to win the 500.  ;) ;)

I don't care who wins, but I sure hope Kurt Busch doesn't.  ;D

Fla._Deadheader

Teri did a OOOPs. She was referrin to Rubberhead when she posted the crybaby-debris on the track-Wallace. Not directed at you 3dogg. ::) ::) ::) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

old3dogg

I know what she was getting at.
Rubber head is a pretty big cry baby.Almost as bad as that Jeff Gorden guy.
I just feel that old "wall-ace" may win it this year because its is last shot.
But like Teri said."As long as it aint Kurt Bush.
Is it just me or does the guy really look like Elmer Fudd? ;D

Thank You Sponsors!