iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

on the job training (wink)

Started by woodmills1, February 15, 2002, 01:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

anyone out there who wants honest on the ground logging and sawmill training  :D (free labor) should e-mail me tonight, as i cut tomorrow till............. nice environment  :D (cold in woods)
nice scenery  :D (work so hard you won't get to look at it) get fit get in shape :D  (work so hard we don't stop for lunch)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

DanG

DanG!! >:(

I always miss out on these wonderful opportunities. I'm on stand-by for my beloved company this weekend. Drat the luck. :'(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Scott_R

Darn! Booked up. And so close by. Just down the road.

Frank_Pender

I MIGHT HAVE the best excuse, I am 3000 miles away. :D :D :D :D Also I hve sawing to do for a special construction job.  No LUNCH?  Not even a can of peas?  if anyone wants to come out West I will provide either a tent, hay barn, tac room, or owners house and the aminities and a case of Santiam Peas, grown right here in the beautiful Willamette Valley for lunch,  breakfast and supper are dependent upon production. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;)
Frank Pender

Bud Man

James--Take a break every 5 or 6 hours --Take some good pictures to post--Post a really good summary of your efforts and I'll send you a can of peas !! :D :D     Be Carefull !!
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

J_T

Gee wish i had responded sooner it was in the 50's here today almost had heat stroak!!
Jim Holloway

woodmills1

yes, it sure was nice out yesterday.  started the tractor a 8 and sharpened the saw, cleaned the filter, and brought a wheel barrow load of firewood inside while she warmed up.  drove out to the back of the wood lot and cut 4 oaks without a problem, then loaded 3 18' and 3 12' plus a few 8' logs onto the forwarder.  started pulling for home but things didnt'd seem right.  seems i had really over estimated the ability of a 10' trailer to carry 18' butt logs and had bent the trailer from the walking beam back.  :o so unload half then deliver, go back pick up the rest.  backed up to the garage and used the grapple to re-level the trailer. whoops too much, popped some welds.  2 hours with the torch and welder. 8) 8) now 3PM back out and cut one more monster, one 18' and 2 12' welds and fishplates held up and i was home by 4:30 :D :D  now is that havin fun or what!!!!!
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

woodmills1

woodmills1

Bud Man

"A man's got to know his trailers limitations"  I think Clint Eastwood said that. :D :D
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

woodmills1

went back out yesterday morning and loaded up a whole whack a logs and she held up nice.  had to clean up and go out to a party though so only 8 logs.

Papa Dave

I sure wish I could come and learn and help. But as it turns out, I can only afford to give so much free labor.  My wife has already taken all of my free labor time for the forseeable future. :D

L. Wakefield

James! That monster tree 3 or 4 ms back- did it hop sideways off the stump (like it lays in the pic) as it was starting to come down or did it do that after it started to hit branches and etc? I had a patient once who was cutting alone- the butt hopped off the stump 'fore he was done cutting and pancaked his foot. There wasn't much left of the foot. (If I get 3-4 days free I'll give you a call and see what you are doing. I'm actually on day 1 of a 2-day break but as usual there is a hedge of other activities already scheduled.)   lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

woodmills1

the tree caught another just at the branches and turned at the end.  i was a good 20 metrs away by then.  as you see the woods is thick so it is very hard not to hit another when i fell.  i check my escape, clear it if necessary, and am using a new cut to help the trees fall where i want them.  i run when they go over.  the ones that spook me i notch then winch but still too many others around for a clear fall.  i am just beginning to harvest here and it is dense with trees.  thanks for your concern.

Thank You Sponsors!